Wednesday, August 25, 2010

boys in boxes

Hi all! Hope you enjoyed the blog hop last week!!! Congratulations to the winners... You can find them on Scrappy-Go-Lucky's new look blog.

Here is a layout that was inspired from all the cool tricks I learnt at the last scrap retreats.

I wanted something a bit grungey and using lots of Tim Holtz stuff.  I hand drew the border (After seeing Emma Dunnes awesome layout at the retreat) and also drew on title letters to match border. (Pooh Font Cartridge - shadow feature)

Inked a bit of exposed cardboard to mount the title, distressed the edges just with a scissors blade, used embossed grungeboard for the tag and coloured in plain staples with permanent pens to get brown ones. (Thanks for the tip Amie!) PLus love using colour core paper lately for ripping and inking.

I even dug deep into my stash of what I call "old technology" (rub ons, stickers, etc) for a few layouts and embellishments... I love the way the cricut can match and individualise everything, I need to remember to try and use up all the rub ons, etc that I stashed away in my pre-Cricut days.

No comments:

Post a Comment