Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day Four of Scrappy-Go-Lucky Blog Hop!

Welcome to Day 4 of the Scrappy Go Lucky Blog Hop..... Which of the four new cartridges do you want to win? Have you guessed the theme yet?

Have a look at my card, and the others from the last few days and if you think you know what the theme is, head back to Scrappy-Go-Lucky's original blog, post a comment, what you think the theme is and which cartridge you would love to own for your chance to win!!!


Here's my card!


The quote comes from my heart: I’m a mum to two boys with a rare genetic condition which results in a bit of chaos in my life that I can not control. I had to
learn how to find serenity within my busy days rather than trying to escape it!


I used double sided paper from Kaiser Crafts Ebony and Ivory collection and traced a shape. Double sided is a must because you end up seeing the other side. I used a heart post-it note as my template. It was the perfect size! I then cut out the heart from the inside using a pen knife, keeping about once centimetre within the line.


I cut small one centimetre strips up to the line of the heart that I traced. I also spaced my cuts about a centimetre apart. I then used a skewer to curl up the strips to the line of the traced heart. 

Place a photo or a quote underneath and it looks like it is is breaking through the cover paper. I then stuck this whole card, with fastened photo onto a black fold out card.


I used a variety of different strips of paper, diamond plate cuttlebug folder on silver paper and ribbon to splay little pieces of out from the heart shape. This was mainly to show that there is chaos (and boys!) around my serene heart. 



I used Cri-Kits Gel Pens to write the title and added a bit of bling.

Now for the inside of the card!

I found this heart on clip art and used 'trace image' function in SureCutsaLot. You have to play around with brightness, corners and despeckle functions until you get a suitable picture that will draw well. I used a silver Cri-Kits gel pen in my Cricut for this awesome effective heart.


It looks amazing. I love watching the Cri-Kits gel pens work their magic with my beloved Cricut. There is no way I could have achieved any of this with scissors and freehand pens!



Lastly I used a cut out heart shape as a template to ink a white one with Black Soot Distressing Ink. It gives the card owner a chance to write some sentiments.



I hope you liked my card! I enjoyed making it! Make sure you hop along to all the other blogs this week and try to guess our theme!!! I'll see you at Tereesa's Up Late 2 Create Blog tomorrow! Good luck!!!


  

17 comments:

  1. This is just a gorgeous card you have done a fantastic job. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, awesome card...Love it!!!!!...Well done Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, this is just beautiful! What a wonderful job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your card is stunning Chloe. Beautifully put together. I will always treasure mine. Love that we all got copies of each others cards.... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe,
    What a great card and I love the saying.........
    E-Mail: davidbayles@sprintmail.com.........So neat that you do the card exchange........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chloe, Your card is stunning - I love it - the paper-curled heart is such a gorgeous feature. I'm thinking of doing a frame up like Mandy - creations this beautiful deserve to be on show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This card is amazing! I love the techniques you used and the time it must have taken to make a bunch of these. I really love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. After seeing it though I'm totally lost as to what the theme for the blog is now.

    I admire your attitude toward your chaotic life. You are a great example.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Donna
    DonnaCMC at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing! I love it.
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is an incredible card. I love the colors, the design and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just beautiful! Love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is just beautiful, thankyou so much chloe........I love anything with hearts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all your lovely comments! You have made my day. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chloe, this card is beautiful. You sentiment is great. I was wondering if you use a photo for the background then what did you print the sentiment on, vellum? tfs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Caroyln,

    I did use a photo. In Publisher, I made it a grayscale picture (and played around with the dark and light settings until it looked light enough and then just used a text box to type over the photo. I printed the finished product onto photo paper. I admire people who can actually use vellum well... I can never get vellum to work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chloe that is an amazing card. Love your use of black and white to make such a striking effect. I think we all need to take the time in the day to remember that sentiment and live may be a little more "peaceful".

    ReplyDelete