This one is the Dusty Attic Calendar and it is such good quality. It joins together brilliantly and is a sturdy wood. I used all my offcut Xmas paper that matched to make each box different and tried to use different techniques on every box.
Glossy Accents or Dimensional Magic is a great glue for these. It holds like cement and is much better for the precision gluing needed.

I used a whole bottle of Star Dust Stickles for the cute snow on the windows but it was worth it! I also painted the houses and used Glossy Accents to fill in the mini windows so it loks like glass is in the windows.
I used Staetdler pens to try and colour in Santas body and face decently but he still ended up looking like some mythical animal type imposter. White gel pens are great for the eyes.

The challenge is now to find little things that fit in the boxes!!! I think I've decided to do a treasure hunt style calendar, each day they find a clue in the box that will lead them to their treat. I just have to remember to hide it each morning... chocolate will melt quickly in this heat!
Enjoy! x

Chloe, this looks gorgeous. Love all the variety in the drawers and the windows.. well... pure genius.. but then I have come to expect no less from you :)
ReplyDeleteSo love your advent calendar - gorgeous creation. Hope the boys enjoyed it :)
ReplyDelete