Are there any sewing fanatics blogging about tonight? You will enjoy this story with your sick masochistic obsession.
Are there any bloggers here who live with a sewing fanatic?... This story will make your skin crawl like it does every time you see those "S" words.... You KNOW what I am talking about...
THE SCISSORS!
Not paper scissors... not snippy scissors... the COVETED dress-making-material-ONLY-very-sharp-sexy-want-to-cut-my-paper-with-them-but-value-my-life-scissors.
This photo is NOT fuzzy... it is nerves. Just from TOUCHING the scissors to get them out and take a photo or even LOOKING at them sideways can get you an injury from a supposedly sweet sewing granny.
I made my Mum a special box for her scissors. Why? So that I can remember in my absent mindedness not to reach for them EVER. Plus to warn anyone that dares to walk in the sewing zone so they can keep all their fingers.
Haunted Design House's Macabre Monday challenge #104 is a FRAME challenge and it is also being sponsored by one of my favourite stamp companies Dilly Beans Stamps. I LOVE her images and used them recently in my Kreepy Kids layout.
Blah blah blah get on with it... Sorry. When I am nervous, I vomit up words a million miles a minute.
And I have good reason.
Flanked by some of Mum's most serious dolls (giving us all evil dolly stares...) The box with the scissors is presented:
That font is meant to look messy - It's called James Han.
That font is meant to look messy - It's called James Han.
Thanks for a great challenge Haunted Design House and Dilly Beans! I think I may go and faint now... too many childhood memories of being chased about by a pyscho sewing maniac. Even if we put those scissors back where they were... She knew... it's like she could smell the traces of paper left on them!
And if the box doesn't warn you...
the dolls are frightening enough!
Happy Fathers Day Australia !
To all the dads out there doing it tough for their families,
all the single mums doing a good job too
and every hero in between.








As usual, your post has me ROTFLMAO! Great coloring on those Dilly Beans, hon! LOVE your box and your Mum's dolls are AMAZING! Thanks for joining the Minions again this week! xxD
ReplyDeleteROFL! Oh yes, I know about "sewing scissors" How do they always know whan you've used them? And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Voodoo sentiment, it really makes me chuckle! Just perfect :D Thanks for playing along with us at HDH, I always love seeing your projects :D
ReplyDeleteLove the box and the story behind it.
ReplyDeleterolling on the floor because I am laughing over flashbacks when i was a kid and we were threaten that if we ever used the scissor for sewing on paper or other things (Barbi's hair once I think) we would lose an eye with thsoe same scissors..it didn;t stop us and we both still have 2 eyes, but now lookig back i so get it.
ReplyDeleteLOL - loved your post!!! Classic!!! This is gold! :D
ReplyDeleteHAHA! Super funny! Those dolls are super creepy! But I love them! The famous scissors... I have too say I am guilty. I keep them in a separate room so I do not use them!
ReplyDeleteGreat display box! Super details!
This cracked me up! Great idea!
ReplyDeleteAnd here's to all the mums of the world being both the mother AND the father for their kids and doing a frickin amazing job of it!!! Happy Parenting Day! Anyone can be a father...takes a bit more to be a parent xx
This is one brilliant post. Your Mum's dolls are amazing and your entry for this week it so tops. LOVE love love your entry x
ReplyDeleteYoy rock Chloe. Love your post, so clever and creative as always. I am sure your mom loves the "box" you have created to protect her scissors. :)
ReplyDeleteFabulous box! Love the images you used. And your post is awesomely entertaining, as usual. :)
ReplyDeleteKelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com
HA - another awesome post, Chloe! Your Mom's dolls are amazing! The voodoo quote is so darn funny! LOVE this!! :D
ReplyDeleteLisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com
Chloe - you are soooo funny!!! You have brought back memories of my childhood. But, it was her PINKING SHEARS, Mum was a dressmaker. I so wanted to cut jagged paper. I can't remember if I ever did get my hands on them, but I do remember being warned within an inch of my life not to touch them.
ReplyDeleteMum has gone now (1985), but my God, do I treasure those scissors....
They haven't been used for many, many years - probably wouldn't cut butter now - but I wouldn't part with them for the world...
Your Mum's dolls are awesome - Mum's are such talented people - treasure your Mum, she's the only one you'll ever have.... Hugs x