Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday Back to School Challenge #22

Welcome to another fabulous Whimsical Wednesday Challenge! This week is Challenge #22 is "Scrapping School Memories." 

Create a scrapbook layout with a school theme and include a chipboard element. Easy! Our sponsor for this week is Regina from The Cutting Cafe and you can win any three sets from her store.

What better day to scrap a memory than Dean's very first day ever of school. (I was the only spazzy scrapping mummy with a camera!) I can not believe other mums were not taking photos. It was his very first few minutes of Kindy. 

He LOVES school. He'll be like his mummy - Too 'school' for cool. Loved being a school nerd and I didn't care for the 'cool'.  

The cute apples, the 1st day of school element and the title 'Kindergarten' are all from Regina's Cutting Cafe.

I Peachy Keen'd up the apples with little faces... I used the Octopus face from PK752 Animal Faces. 


 I also used the Stampin Up Playdate Quick Accents sheets to border and add embellishments. I covered a Tim Holtz grungeboard frame in some Playdate stickers and and let the little deer poke it's head through the 'D' and used Bella Chipboard alphabet for the lettering.  
I made a circle pinched flower as detailed in my post below and the cute coloured doilies, fimo apples and bakers twine come from the cutest little local etsy store by Leeann Pearce called Chip Chop Shop. I fell in love with those apples! So schooly!

Join us over at Whimsical Wednesday to see all the other DT work and enter to win some goodies from the Cutting Cafe!


I can't wait to see what the rest of the fabulous DT has come up with this week! 


23 comments:

  1. Oh this is awesome! Love all your apples! I love Leeann's apples too - plus the paper apples that you peachy keen'd look totally cute cute cute! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Chloe, this layout is AMAZING! I love the details on this. The 3d apples, the happy apples and that splash of twine. Awesome!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL Chloe!!! All of your details are awesome and your son is adorable, great job! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable especially those apple pins

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout! I love the crocheted circle, those cute apple pins and his chipboard name! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your LO. He is so Adorable. I had my camera and mine is in 3rd and 8th grade, LOL

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little guys is so darn cute!! I totally love his chipboard name and the twine. Fabulous LO! Tfs and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great LO Chloe. Your little guy is so adorable, and looks so smart and inquisitive!!! I love the way you used Regina's files. Of course the apples are way cute with the PK faces, and the title up on the top is way cool. I am trying to figure out how you did that...remember I am a scrapper, but I am still blonde too..sticks my tongue out;) I agree with you on the apple pins..totally adorable. Great use of the SU elements, and nice way to accent the photos with the twine. Chloe rocks another challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chloe,Once again you have done a SUPER job with your layout,So BEAUTIFUL!I TOTALLY LOVE all the AWESOME details,FANTASTIC work my friend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chloe... Oh i Love how you have used the chip chop shop apple pins and doily...thank you so much for sharing and also linking... muchly appreciated ... Leeann (TCCS)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fabulous! That twine, your chipboard elements, the colors! Everything came together perfectly.
    Nice touches with the stick pins, the bling & stitching.
    Love it all!
    Crafty best,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like Dean was having a wonderful first day of school! He is so cute! Nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So adorable Chloe! First your little guy is too cute!! you captured such adorable pictures of him :)
    Love what you did with Regina's files! Love the PK faces on the apples and the chipboard elements!
    Excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute layout!!! Your lil guys is just adorable!!!! I love the cut files you used and I really love the PK faces...they are so dang cute! And I love all the little details you put into this....awesome job!!!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my cute cute cute....I am loving this...great job..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable and so many fun details. You did Regina's files proud as well. Love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh Chloe! this is so lovely! Your pics are just fabulous too!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful layout, Chloe! I especially love the twine wrapped around the photos. And your flower looks great as well.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. As usual, Chloe, this layout is just fabulous! And the pics are so adorable!! Stop by my blog when you get a chance...I have an award for you! :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete