Wednesday, January 4, 2012

All that Jazz.

Hi All!  Yep. Still here.

Merry Xmas, Happy New Year and all that jazz. Sorry I missed the parties. I was having a bloggy break and to be honest I am going to be borrrrring blogger this year... I'll the busiest lady this side of the equator!

Anywayssss, moved into my new house and I made my Dymo labeller work so hard yesterday... you will see some snap shots eventually of my new super uber organised scrap zone...oooooo it's pretty. 

But for now, a sneak peak into my garden...

So I road-tested my new scrap zone and made a gorgeous shadow box to display my latest layouts on my wall HOWEVER the boxy part of the shadow box is ONE millimetre too small each side for a 12 x 12! GAH!!!! I will have to find something to display in it. 
 I used Bo Bunny Enchanted paper, some white shabby chic embellishments I found at Inspired Crafts. 

I cut the gate out of Ornamental Iron cartridge and strengthened it with double sided adhesive chipboard, which cut like a DREAM!  (Found that at Custom Crops).

THEN *PAT N* Guess What??? I used the Close to my Heart Art Philosophy cartridge!!!!! I made the rolled flowers behind the gate. 

PROOF:
Wooooo!!!! I did something with it. LOVE that cart. 

Next I used Japanese Washi Tape from Sawyers Place. The Regal Damask from their Ophelia collection. 
It is a simple, yet gorgeous way to cover the sides of the shadow box perfectly with no loose paper bits. Washi tape is my favourite option for chipboard coverage. Plus the designs that Sawyers Place make all match up perfectly so you can layer them side by side to make one mass that look like expensive paper glued on anyway! 

I am on school holidays at the moment. *Bliss* So my stalkers followers are very lucky that I will be back tomorrow with my entry for 'Strut your Cuts'  challenge on at Scrappy Go Lucky. 

HOT BLOG HOP UPDATE!!!!
Jacob had so much fun with LB Cool Beans and her bevvy of Barbies that he is coming home for a bit of R&R. 
 (oooo LB, I spy dymo labelling at your house too!)

Well, he is really coming home to celebrate Australia Day with all of us Aussies. He doesn't want to miss that big party! Then early in 2012, he will head back off again to see Kate from Ontario, The Crafty Cow from the Eastern states of Australia and Michelle from Western Australia... plus a few more in between. So little time, so many scrap rooms to see! 

No time to hang and chat! I have sleep to get done. 5 hours of it. We had a flash mob in Lego land today. So many photos to scrap after all the crazy lego fun! 





6 comments:

  1. Love the Lego flash mob!! Glad to hear you are doing good. Love the shadow box. Such a shame it is a little to small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there girl! You ARE still alive! So glad to hear from you. You've been busy, busy. Can't wait to see pics of your new scrap zone! Your box is gorgeous Chloe! And I'm super impressed that you made those flowers with your AP cart. Beautiful! Thanks for all your sweet comments on my stuff. Please don't stay away too long--I miss you!! That Washi tape seems great; great cover up all in one!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha...love the flash mob in legoland :D can't wait to see the other pic. Happy 2012 :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chloe,
    So nice to have you back even if only sporadically! I love your Lego Flash Mob! I will be waiting to see your photos and whatever you create. It is always a pleasure to stop by.
    Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I love your Enchanted frame! Can't wait to see your new craft space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally into my label maker...which broke and I need to get a new one! Glad the happy scrap zone is ready. Can not wait to here Jacob has arrived safe and sound!! They said around 16 days and he left on his trip back to you on Dec 20th...so any day now!!!

    ReplyDelete