Sunday, November 6, 2011

Washi tape ideas galore, Hot Blog Hop Update and need Gyspy help!


A couple of weeks ago I entered a comp to win some washi tape. Well, I won! Woooo.

Sawyers Place sent me the Ophelia collection tapes. Then Gina from the Stampers Den rang me with the great news that the Enchanted Bo Bunny collection of paper had arrived... it was a match made in heaven!

I used it as borders and elements in the layout below. When my boys wake up they both have a cuddle and tell me I'm their best friend. I'll miss those chubby little fingers gripping mine when they are older. The tape I used in this one is called Insanity Script.

 You can even dress up a simple BBQ or picnic. Even a Dinky Di Aussie barbeque can be just a little bit fancy with minimal effort using plastic forks, napkins and paper plates!
Don't for get the plastic cups! This is Black and White Regal Damask from the Ophelia collection.


I used the Red spot tape to make a quick easy envelope for a friend. (Hahahaha Caron, hope you aren't reading this... I haven't dropped it at Gina's yet... but because I made it  all prettttyyyyyy I'm forgiven right?!) 
Please note: PatN: Use of Art Philosophy stamp right there!

Washi can also make a fun alternative to spending hours getting manicures, chipped nailpolish and you can match any colour you want!

 Then I really fell in love... I was making a donation to the Harrison Little Wings Charity who give items to help mums who suffer infant loss and don't get to take their angel babies home from hospital. It is such a clever charity that ensures the mummies are given something beautiful and concrete to take home to help the grieving and treasuring process such as instant scrapbook albums. I made them a Memory Box frame to give out.

 It can hold all the little precious items that tiny babies are given during their short time in this world like monitor cables, beanies, etc and has room for photos too.

What I LOVE about the Washi tape is that you can use it on the wooden work and great for chipboard constructables too. As it sinks into the grooves and can help you achieve a nice clean finish.
 I used tape on the entire underneath and sides so if it was seen side on it is still neat and themed. Pre-painting the base not only is messy, takes time, but the tape gives it a real professional look!
 I even lined up the word Enchanted from the paper to sit in the bottom of the enclosed space. 

To cover chipboard letters, all you do is cover the letter with your desired washi tape, snip into the sides of the letter at 0.5cm intervals and then wrap the tabs around your letter so there are no bumps... who would paint chippy letters ever again? 

You can sand it, glue on it, write on the right colour. It's impressing me! Thanks Sawyers Place for the opportunity to broaden my scrap ideas! 
*******************************************************************


NOW! Jacob is having more fun at LB's house you have to check it out - It will make you giggle... Click Here.
************************************************************************

I need a collective bloggy sigh... My gypsy decided to have a spanner day and has freezed on me during update :(  It is frozen at the loading screen and from all I can read on FAQs, the prognosis is NOT so good... New gyspy, serial number alignment and maybe a month or two without my gyspy... I want to hear the blog world sigh together because I am ready to ball my lil bloggy eyes out! Arrggghghhghghgggghhhhh...
Ready... 1, 2, 3... Aaawwwwwwwww. 
If anyone has managed to fix this same problem without having to wait or buy a new one... Please let me know!  
I will personally send my scrap assistant Jacob to kiss you!

I have already tried many tips and tricks suggested on FAQs.
 :( I'm sooking!

********************************************************************

6 comments:

  1. I will not tell the girls about the kiss you have promised form jacob and I am sorry about the gypsy. All these projects make me want this tape...wait no more stuff right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe, I don't know where to begin. You are so creative and talented! You take me from the verge of tears to giggling at those red polka dotted fingernails! What is your astrological sign? You are super! I love your layout and that b&w photo of your hand and those of your little boys! Something to cherish forever. That is such an awesome LO! And your thoughtfulness in making that beautiful memory frame box is just overwhelming. Absolutely fantastic projects! Also love how you turned an ordinary paper plate and plastic fork into such an attactive serving ensemble! You are the woman!! But, not sure I can let the Art Philosophy post part slide by! A stamp?! That's it?! You're giving yourself credit for using a stamp from the Art Philosophy cart?!? I think not, my friend! (ha-ha) I, at least, made a bag with my cart (nothing else mind you), but I cut the bag, so I guess I get credit too. (Refer to my Halloween Treats post which you may not have seen). Anyway, girl, love what you do! You know some of my words are in jest! Keep doing what you're doing, Chloe!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your wins! Super fun stuff, love the nails.

    I especially loved your super special lay-out and the amazing memorial box you made, it is really beautiful!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I loved the paper when it turned up but I love it even more now seeing what you have done with it and the Washi Tape combo. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is just beautiful Chloe, and I know what you mean about the hugs. Haven't had one from my eldest for......12 years!!! I still want one, but at 21 apparently it's not cool? My Bro is 41 and still hugs our mum!!
    The memory box you made as a gift is more than beautiful. I couldn't actually think of a word "enough" to describe the love and emotional content combined with the design features. Bless you for caring so much XXX

    Don't do technology, sorry. Maybe you need Jacob back to help? He looks like he is having way to much fun at LB's haha! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW, hon! Gorgeous ideas for using that fab tape. LOVE your layout and the exquisite memory frame you made. Bummer on your Gypsy! I peeked ahead and see all's well now, though. WooHoo! xxD

    ReplyDelete