Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cheap Chirpin Tuesday!

Cheap Chirpin #2 for May!


Cheap Chirper #2 for May is: Altered Rings!
They are in $2 shops for a reason!!!! They break easily. 
 
But one little girls broken heart over her ring that broke in two minutes is one scrapbookers ready made embellishment!
It doesn't take much effort to separate the ring from the top part. VOILA! Cute metal embellishment. You can use Stazon ink on the metal, stickles, i-rock gems, JUST ABOUT ANYTHING can help bling them up. 
PLUS the top part looks AWESOME if you stick it through the cuttlebug with some paper on top. Makes a cute embossed butterfly shape. 


The glue gun will keep it stuck to most surfaces. 


Remember to comment!
Cheap Chirpin prize box so far: Chalking palette, Metallic wire, Whimsical paper clips, Pentel outline markers, Bag of mixed brads, ten sheets of bazzills, 39 pieces of chipboard lettering, pearl paint pots, fake eyelashes, 20 doilies, coloured bakers twine, liquid pearls, water coloured pencils pack, pop embellishments, photo anchors, 2 metal butterfly altered rings and whatever Carlene has for you on Me n Miss Pink Cricut today
 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Chloe what cricut cartridge font did you use for this layout?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool. Know I am looking around the house to see what I can use to emboss paper with my cuttlebug!!
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic find! The butterfly looks so delicate!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Chloe what a pretty pretty card. Love that you took that broken butterfly and turned it into a beautiful embellishmsent. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - who would have thought of doing this. Definately one of those gosh why didn't I think of that. Your card looks lovely. What a fab excuse to go the those junks shops this afternoon when I go into town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone.

    Nae - I used Elegant Cakes. It is one of my favourite fonts! PLUS you get so many other shapes in the cart too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a great idea!! Cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats so pretty!!! I'm always checking out the jewellery part in discount shops for cheap embellishments and have found some good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I save all the trinkets my girls leave around! I know I will eventually find a place for them on one of my projects! This came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!!! these are gorgeous! Great thinking outside the box! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the font too!
    the butterfly is gorgeous when its white!
    great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never come across things like this. I need to look in some stores like this. We have $ stores, but a chain store, I always am looking in thrift stores for things like this though. Very pretty page! tfs Tami
    tambo1010atcomcastdotnet
    Tambo's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card!! Great use of the fashion jewerly embellishments. I must rummage through my old jewerly now to see what I can come up with.
    Thanks
    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete