Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday Birthday Challenge.

Whimsical Wednesday has a birthday celebration challenge on. This layout celebrates my 7th year in this world. At that age, most kids want to run away and join the circus... But I had the best ticket in the house - My Life. I had a wonderful childhood with great friends, a good family and lots of fun things to do! Imaginisce's Animal Crackers paper set was perfect. 

My family were active in the community.  I enjoyed freedom of the early 80s that our kids will never be able to experience. Playing on the street, animal nursery at our school, 20 kids on one climbing frame, cowboy themed dances with actual hay in the room! Thanks to allergies, safety rules and litigation, lots of these experiences are all but gone. 


 I was lucky enough to have a great set of friends and my school churned us out into a great bunch of citizens, that a lot of us still know each other's names 30 years on.

I returned home from school and playing many days bursting with excitement about what I did for the day. It was a great time to be a kid. 


My mum made the cutest doll cake for my birthday. I still remember every detail about the few hours I watched her put the icing on. 

 I cut out a ticket border from the Imaginisce paper set and then used a single hole punch to cut into the curved edges to make them look authentic. 


It is my step Dad's birthday today. Me and my spunkymonkeys have moved into his house on the farm recently after I separated from my husband. So his quiet, peaceful house has become a bit of a circus. So I also used some parts of the Animal Crackers paper to make him a card today too. The boys love their Poppy so much.
Thanks for a great challenge Whimsical Wednesday. It was a great layout to reflect on how lucky I was as a kid. I hope my boys will be able to reflect on their childhood experience with the same smile in their hearts. 

11 comments:

  1. Great job with your beautiful layouts!It is sooo fun,I love all your great details and the colours!And the card is pretty sweet too!Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooooooo love that layout altho hmmmmmmmm to your brother lol

    I bet Poppy loved the card...that range from Imaginisce suits your style perfectly! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh How cute and I loved your journaling.. Very original!! Great take on our challenge and I love your row of tickets, very clever to punch out the little corners.. I never thought I would need/want the imagine, but you sure have made me think twice after seeing this cute layout of yours..LOL
    thnx for playing along with us over Whimsical Wednesdays..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Chloe another amazing LO. You did not miss one detail. I love the combination of the colors you used! LOVE the banner and the tickets. Your jounaling is super cute too! You know you could not be more correct when you say that we had freedoms that our kids can't enjoy. I remember being like 3 or 4 and being able to walk through our neighbors yards to get to my fiends house down at the end of the blog. OMG, I would never let me child do that today:( How have times changes. You rocked this challenge once again. Thank you for your support of Whimsical Wednesday and for joining us this week!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous layout! I love all the banners and extra's! The 7 really makes a statement! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers! Are these ever fabulous! I love the papers so much and how you coordinated those spunky monkeys. You sure outdid yourself with all your touches like the banners, tickets & all the other fine details. I just adore this!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday.
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chloe, These are just INCREDIBLE! I LOVE all the bright colors and ALL the details! How clever are you to use a hole punch! I can totally relate to your post! So funny how the world changes! I am sure Poppy loved his card! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That layout is super fabulous, Chloe! Your life really does look like a circus. Adorable card too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chloe, this is just AMAZING! I LOVE every single detail! i love how creative you are, making tickets by using a hole puch...CLEVER! I love the pictures but most of all the story! YOU said so many things that are so ture...especially about the freedom part! Sorry blogger crashed but just wanted to stop by again and say Thank You for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, fabulous layout! I love all the colors and pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us, I so enjoyed reading them! I hear what you are saying about how free things were back then. Those definately were the days!! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete