So I have seen the other entries, and while I think that my art work may not be exactly what is required, I'm hoping that the CONCEPT of it will be enjoyed.
I hated those Best Friends Forever (BFF) split necklaces that were all the rage in the late 80s/90s. It was all just too exclusive. But I would LOVE to see an adaption of that.
My best friend Carlene and I are nerds. Nerds with a good self concept. (Pretty nerds lol). We both rose in our careers young and have endured a lot of jealousy. We are both high function people, and pack our days out - every minute is accounted for. We live ions away from eachother but still have a close relationship. Together we can achieve amazing things and even though we aren't everyone's cup of tea, we'll just be Beautiful Freaks Forever.
I chose clogs and clocks (Tim Holtz Steampunk emboss folders) to represent our freakiness. (Time and brains).
This kind of concept can be applied to a necklace for any set of freaky friends. It celebrates that you can be your strange, weird, witty self with a friend and they embrace that, no judgement.
The actual design could get a lot freakier between friends if they custom designed their own. I am going to use the original art work copy as a base of a scrapbook layout, so I made this one fairly specific to Carlene and I.
Thanks for an awesome challenge Haunted House Designs, I love the design team and the other entries!
See you again soon!




This is awesome~ Love your concept behind this piece! Great art!
ReplyDeleteVery cool concept and entry. It is about time there was neckwear for freaky bffs x
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about those silly BFF necklaces...they even had one for boyfriends and girlfrends. Your new rendition of it is unbelievably amazing. Not only do you make the best projects, but always have the best story and inspiration behind it. Wow is this unique and so creative. Every detail of this was so well thought out. I LOVE LOVE the embossing on the face, the flower and the scissors, and the skull embellishment. The eyes are gorgeous too. Most of all the the Best Freaks Forever. Can you tell yet that I love this???
ReplyDeleteOn another note. I e-mailed you some time last week. I am worried that with your new internet service that you may not be getting it. Do you still have the same e-mail from before you moved. Shoot me a note or lets make plans to skype soon!!! I am totally over the fact that you may see me with my hair a wreck and in my PJ..;)
WOW Chloe! This is such a super idea! You are so amazingly creative! Fabulous entry! Thanks for playing along with MM. xxD
ReplyDeleteFabulous concept, and way to celebrate your friendship! Thanks very much for playing along with our Necro Neckwear challenge at HDH :D
ReplyDeleteLove it!!! We look freaky and yet I am mesmerised! Love the pink flower and scissors in my hair. This turned out better than you described. This would make the BFF necklace ever!
ReplyDelete