Saturday, April 9, 2011

Peachy Keen for a new beginning!

Hi all! I will be missing in action for a little while but stay with me! I have not disappeared!

In one week my life has dramatically changed and I am relocating today to a new town 150km away. I will hopefully settle soon and the first thing I will unpack is a scrap area!

So this is my last creation for a little while. A fitting one. I am going to give this card to the first neighbour I meet in my new town. 

I will arrive in style with two little spunkymonkey boys making lots of boy noise and I can only imagine what the reaction is going to be!   After living on 7 acres, the boys noise decibels reach inaudible levels at times... Living in town, on a small block... hmmmm.....


My poor future neighbours don't know what is coming. lol.

Anyway. I am sad to be leaving but always look on life's curb balls with a positive attitude, so the journey ahead is unknown, daunting but exciting too. 

This card is to enter in Peachy Keen Sketch Challenge #49.  
THE SKETCH

I used Funshine faces for my neighbours and a Retro face for me! 


I also used a makeup sponge to ink the bricks. 
Look at my poor scrap cutting mat! 


 See you soon! My next post will be when Jacob has reached Perth and is having fun with Carlene at Me n' Miss Pink Cricut!




Thanks Peachy Keen Challenge blog for always giving me the perfect reason to scrap! 


16 comments:

  1. Love your card. Will be here waiting for you when you get settled. Hope you have a easy move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe move and cannot wait to see what you will make when you unpack!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodluck with the move!!
    i too am dreading the day i have to move my kids into civilisation....we dont have neighbours close to us due to being in a semi rural area....when we eventually move im sure my neighbours will make those faces in your card...my kids get LOUD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your move, Chloe! Your new neighbors will be lucky to have you and your wonderful sense of humor! :-) Very cute card...love the bricks..so creative! TFS

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your packing and move are safe and simple for you and yoru family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card!

    Wow! Safe journey, I will miss you while you are gone, and look forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chloe you will be missed while you are away! I hope everything is ok! You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a safe transition. Your card is adorable and the new neighbor that receives it will be one lucky neighbor! Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't want to say goodbye to you, so I won't I'll just say I look forward to me coming and scraping at your new house.

    But I'll miss you terribly

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is too funny! I should make a few of these for my neighbors to say thanks for dealing with us!! Believe me, 3 girls can make their fair share of racket too! We live in a small town and my neigbors see my girls escaping in their undies screaming at the top of their lungs on a regular occasion!! I'm sure most people see me as the crazy lady..hehe! Hope your move goes safely and smoothly and it is so nice to see you have humor about the situation! It's much easier when you have a positive outlook on life's curveballs. My theroy is, if you can't change it, there is no reason to dwell on it and just make the best of what you've got! See you when you get settled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My bucket list loves that this means you are now one and a half hours CLOSER to me :-)

    Im hoping Jacob arrives tomorrow and is ready to put those muscles to work!

    I love that Blogland will be missing your nearly DAILY posts and humour...your blog is so active: I think you have enough for people to catch up on past posts whilst waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for a card - and a super way to introduce yourself to the new neighbours! I do hope that all goes well for you and that all IS okay with you given this sudden relocation. I'm looking forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are flipping amazing! This card is too cute for words. So awesome that you will give this to the first neighbor you meet. Chloe, you are so darn sweet. You know what...anyone would be lucky to have you as a neighbor! I know I would feel blessed. You are such an amazing person, and I only hope we can meet someday. I know it is not impossible. I know you and your family will do great with the move. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Chloe this is just incredible! I really needed a good laugh and you delivered! When I saw that sponge, I thought it was a make-up sponge. That is so clever! I love all the little people poking out the windows ~ the sentiment goes PERFECTLY! You all are going to make GREAT neighbors! I hope for you and the family things are going better than expected! My thoughts are with you all during this transition! Take your time and just take a deep breath!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LMBO! Are you settled yet?
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh MY! I've been MIA trying to catch up on a few things at home and there you go! Best of luck in the new home. Your card is just the cutest! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is soo cute!Great job with PK,I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete