I love science documentaries and I remember sitting with my Dad watching TV when I was younger and he said, "Do you know the only reason why polar bears can be seen by other animals in the snow? Their black noses."
So my sentiment inside the card is:
'I hope I can see you this Christmas!'
which I am sending to my cousin who lives 4000km away. She only comes home here for Christmas.
One of my all time favourite bloggers is Popsicle Toes. Donna does some amazing multi-layering and her white embossed layered look is awesome! Donna is on the DT for BAH Humbug too. See her DT for this challenge HERE.
So I tried my best to channel my inner Popsicle tootsies and give her style a go. It was so much fun. I even used Design Studio - Talk about being authentically Popsicle!
A while ago I even I challenged myself to try and OUTLAYER the masterful Donna! (I know right... I was thinking 20 layers could just about cut it) I achieved SEVEN layers thick! Woooooo!
White on White challenge was a horrendous prospect with the amount of mess and goop all over my table! But I think I managed to keep most of it clean. And what I didn't, I layered underneath! Lol!!! Yay for layering!
I was proud even for getting the trees done!
Thanks BAH Humbug for a great challenge.
Thanks Donna for your endless inspiration. I learn so much from you. Except, your styles of white on white and multi-layering are safe from me! I won't be stealing that as a full time crafting challenge. PHEW! x
I used Polar bear from Animal Kingdom, Trees and base shape from Winter Frolic, Snowflake from Accent Essentials, Peachy Keen face on the bear, Embossing folders, Kindy Glitz Crystalina, Kaiser Pearls, and a gazillion foam spacers!
*******************************************************
News from the HOT BLOG HOP!
Jacob up to his rippled abs in embossing folders!
Click here to see his latest scrapping job!
*************************************************************
Why are my feet so cold? Lol.



Chloe what a fantastic card. Well worth all the hard work you put in.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com
Hi Chloe,OMG this is just GOREOUS!All the details are AMAZING,I LOVE everything about it!SUPER SUPER job my friend!!:)
ReplyDeleteChloe, it's gorgeous! Prettiest white on white on white.....card EVER!
ReplyDeleteShelly
http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/
Loving all that white and all of those awesome layers. Fabulous job. Hugs- Glora
ReplyDeleteYou did a beautiful job with your white on white on white.... card! I have found them to be very challenging myself.
ReplyDeleteThis is so absolutely stunning, Chloe!! You did a FABULOUS job with white on white! The layering effect is just amazing - it makes the card come alive! LOVE this!! :D
ReplyDeleteLisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com
WOW!!! Now that is some layering Chloe!! Looks fabulous and a round of applause for keeping all that white clean looking! I always have a problem with my whites picking up the dingies off my desk (or off my kids helpful hands :))! Thank goodness for layering! I'm sure your cousin is going to treasure this!!
ReplyDeleteChloe, really nice I love the white on white very unique. Once Again Great Job! Traci
ReplyDeleteChloe, super cute...great card. ~Shen
ReplyDeleteI know just what you mean about Donna - she's wows so many people each week with her stunning creations. She amazes me.
ReplyDeleteHOwever, your card is right up there in 'totally stunning' ranks - it's just fabulous.
I hope we'll see you joining in again at Bah! Humbug! Would love to see more of your work.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT
oh the wow factor hits again i just love this card but can only begin to imagine how annoying white on white could be (having enough problem these days treading a needle - so may not see myself attempting this techniques) but well done to you! it looks absolutely fantastic I love it and the polar bear is really cure - nice to read that it also bought back some childhood memories for you too :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Chloe... this is STUNNING! I adore white on white so when I saw this, I'm pretty sure my heart stopped. (Thankfully the mega sparkle started it again in pure joy.) All those yummy layers and gorgeous pearls and embossing... this is just a masterpiece. Excellent work, my crafty friend! :o) You are so talented.
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings! :o)
Love this, Chloe! It is beautiful. Love all the layering and the embossing.
ReplyDeleteKelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com
Holy Crap, Chloe! You may have just beat my record here! This is sooo fabulously beautiful with the glitter and the embossing and that polar bear is the cutest! Thanks for the kind words and for playing along with B!H! this week. You really have outdone yourself! xxD
ReplyDelete