Monday, August 22, 2011

Scrapping Chics Challenge Blog Banners and I'm being fussicky!


Don’t worry your scrappy little dashboards Bloggers.  I made something normal for a change! My pending projects are so crazy fabulous I am giving you this little piece normality before I go way off the richter scale next week on the weird-o-meter!     

Over at Scrappin Chics Challenge blog they are having a ‘Banners’ challenge for August. Join me! You have until 28th August.
Banners. Easy Right!!!!? 

Except if you are anything like me and pick up the Little Yellow Bicycle Cupcake collection paper and decide you want THAT banner. RIGHT there, THAT little ONE in the middle! 
 Trust me. 
It’s more than fussy cutting.
It’s a blend of fussy, tricky and yukky cutting.
 
'Fussicky' cutting.

Luckily the secondary banner of LOVE down the bottom was easy! 
My collection of flowers.  I will share my easy technique for making the rolled ribbon flower later this week.  Some Prima flowers and others were fussicky cut out of the Cupcake diecuts paper.
 The whole layout captures that magical moment in the 1970’s on a table in the backyard when we were all hypnotised by a birthday cake, even though the candles hadn’t even been lit yet.  

The CANDi makes that LYB Cupcake love heart lift up.

Thanks Scrappin Chics for a fun challenge. I have another banner challenge for you tomorrow which is COMPLETELY different, bring your dark sunglasses with you to your blog dashboard tomorrow!
  

***********************************************************
NEWS FROM THE HOT BLOG HOP  
Jacob said goodbye to the lovely Donna.  Clippy is shirking his new fatherhood responsibilities and joining Jacob on his trip leaving Chloe the Koala with Clippy Jnr. 

Jacob and Clippy have arrived safe at
Jennifer from The Country Life blog.

They are already getting into the Country Life!

And he is having another giveaway!
Head over to The Country Life, leave a comment and follow our fun for chance to win Twinkle Toes! 






7 comments:

  1. OK, now I know what fussicky is! Love your layout, Chloe. You're right, the candi really makes that heart--so great!! And that banner is super duper cute, but I can certainly see how frustrating it could be! Glad I checked in to catch up on Jacob's travels. Whoo, he's hot with that cowboy hat, isn't he!?--Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chloe,AWESOME job with your layout!It is soo SWEET!I LOVE the candi and colors.I always enjoy your porjects!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS, Chloe! I absolutely love it! That top banner, wow, all the cutting was totally worth it! And the colors are beautiful! Just gorgeous :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My eyeballs are going buggy just thinking of fussicky cutting that banner. You did a FABULOUS job! Sooo cute and the colors (and Candi) are YUMMY! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty layout. I love the Candi around the heart.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty LO. I love the candis. Bless you for having the patients to cut that banner out. R u kidding me with that? Colors are gorgeous too! Now I have to go catch up with Jacob. I think he may be even leaving the county life. Gee he left Donna so quick and made it to his next destination in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete