I'm waiting up late to see the new Whimsical Wednesday challenge this week! I can't wait to see the DT projects. So I thought I would use the time to share another challenge.
I'm back for another Scrappin Chic's Banner challenge!
Need glasses? Better put them on for this one.
Vision dominates my life somewhat. I have been appointed as the Visiting Teacher for children with vision disabilities in my district, plus my own two children are legally blind themselves. So this layout is a complete mess of vision madness. Just to be different.
I found this loud pirate paper and decided to mix and match the lot. Making it the hardest thing to look at.
Then I got a headache. Then I started getting blurry vision myself!
The boy pirates on the otherhand LOVED every minute of the moment captured.
We sailed 'twenty hundred five seas' and found lots of treasure. Even the teddies wore patches and swimming goggles??? Close enough to patching I guess.
I even cleverly designed this section below as an optical illusion so that if you put your nose on the middle pirate and then walk back five metres, you can see a dolphin.
Seriously, did you fall for that one?
Ummmm.... KIDDING!
I'm not THAT clever with paper.
If you did see a dolphin...
Drink coffee rather than wine. Lol.
Meanwhile, my boys have difficulties with seeing depth perception and bright contrasting lines like this make it worse. Dean took one look at my layout and said, "Mum, I HATE it."
So funny.
My entire day consists of thinking about the boys and how 'this' and 'that' will affect them, what they see, what I need to change to make it easier and pre-empting what may become a hazard.
It was nice to 'be a vision rebel' and make something that ticks all the WRONG boxes for vision impairment.
Such a rebel! *drinks coffee instead of wine* (I know right, I must be the most boring person on the earth, if I think THAT is being a rebel).
Thanks for fun challenge again Scrappin Chics!
******************************************************************
What do you think of my workshop ad? I can't wait to meet some scrappers in my new town and am so excited about running this workshop next Friday!
*********************************************************************
Yay!!!! I made it. 10pm Aussie time,
Whimsical Wednesday will be up now!






It might be busy, but it's so adorable, and what a wonderful way to capture your boys' memories. Very cute Chloe. You 'almost' had me on the dolphin!-Pat
ReplyDeleteI really like your work shop Ad. Sometimes is fun to break the rules - especially when no one can get hurt.
ReplyDeleteChloe, this is so - wait a second, I'll be right back.....okay, had to get my sunglasses! Just kiddin :) This layout is so fun and festive and you totally make all the colors and designs work together! I love the awesome banner and the puzzle pieces behind the adorable pictures! This is just amazing, you Vision Rebel! And I love the workshop ad, too! It is so pretty and elegant :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com
I think your lay-out is so fun and great too look at all the fun things to see! I love your ad! SO fun!
ReplyDeleteCarri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com
What a cute LO. I love the pirate banner and the pictures fit perfect. Great job on your creativity. TFS Traci
ReplyDeleteI would be at your workshop in a heartbeat if I could. How fun it would be. Your pirate layout is so precious! Your boys are adorable!
ReplyDeleteHi Chloe,FANTASTIC job with both of your layout!I TOTALLY LOVE the one with your kids and pirates,TO STINKIN' CUTE!AMAZING job as always my friend!!:)
ReplyDeletei love your layout! i have exactly the same papers and it si great to see them used and to get ideas from them :>
ReplyDeletei have this paper!! yay for spotlight!! i have so far only used one page...which i have cut up & have laminated all the little pirates ready to be put on top of cupcakes for my little ones pirate party ....im so organised as its still a few months away! today its my eldests birthday....he didnt even want a balloon that said happy birthday...but he is getting it anyway!! make the most of all these cute boy things as once they get to 12 its all over!!!
ReplyDeletei couldnt look at your layout without it making my eyes weep lol....
Chloe, you are truly magical! :o) You just are. You make me smile. This LO is amazingly bright, yet somehow seems to work with those feisty pirates. Awesome job going outside the norm, particularly with the vision-related situations you are constantly around. You are fabulous! (And so is your ad! I would SO be there if I wasn't ten million miles away.)
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings! :o)
Chloe, when you have a chance, stop by my blog. I have a new award for you--Pat N.
ReplyDeleteOkay, the wine has worn off (it's about 4:00a.m.) but I SWEAR I saw a dolphin! LOL and if you beleive that, I suggest you take a little nip now and again, you're WAY too trusting. WOW Chloe! This color and pattern explosion is gonna keep me up for the rest of the night, but it sure is FUN! Your poster for your workshop is really darling too, and of course, captures your amazing personality. Lucky participants! Sure wish I could join you! xxD
ReplyDeletegreat Lo:)
ReplyDeleteLove your layout, Chloe! Those little pirates are so cute.
ReplyDeleteKelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com
LMAO....so hard I could not finish reading your post so sorry! I fell for the dolphin illusion thing and even convinced myself that I saw it. Yes I do that you are that clever. You brat. So I love the little blurb about the veggemine sandwich..Men At Work was one of my favorite bands and I loved we come from a land down under. So funny the way little things can trigger such great memories. I can hear me and my sis singing that as little kids. Oh geez I got so off track. I think you LO is totally awesome. Love all the colors and patterns. I can't wait to show it to Emily in the morning she is going to LOVE it..she loves pirates:) The pictures of your gorgeous boys are priceless..you always have your children involved in the most creative play. I can tell just by your photos that you are a fab mom. Oh and I can see that you ARE doing the classes. I hope you share how it goes.;)
ReplyDelete