More than Favours have their Wacky Wednesday Challenge on at the moment - #47 and the theme is friendship.
Well, this is definitely wacky! And such a special friendship story.
A little while ago my life was upended. I’ve made some hard choices and faced tough challenges. As soon as I began questioning my choices: The weirdest thing happened.
Picture this:
In public, big shopping centre, two tired little monkeys having an EPIC meltdown-o-rama, and I am on the verge of featuring in the Nightly News for losing iiiiittttttt!!!!!
Into my world steps my first ever sweetheart that I haven’t seen for 20 years plus gorgeous family - like they just stepped out of a 4WD commercial, PERFECT!
Swallow me NOW world!
Anyway, it was enough to snap me into reality and try to pull it together.
A week later an envelope arrived. A gorgeous card, and a gift certificate for a day spa. He thought I could use a little relaxation… Awwwww. Ummm… YESSSSS!
This is the teddy bear from the card. Then I hung a little mini banner on it.
So there I was at a day spa the next week.. Chilling out with my girlfriend who joined me on that special day. All thanks to a guy I haven’t seen for over 20 years, and I have no way of thanking him as I have no idea where he lives, except it is 200km away in a massive city, or what his number is.
That is the ultimate RAK.
Asking no reward or benefit.
Just being good knowing that good is done.
And it reaffirmed for me, my choices are OK. Everything is as it should be - I'm on the right track. I truly believe good things happen to good people. And oh the hot rocks and massage... It was sooooooooooo good!
A random lady sat in the waiting room saying, “Now let me get this right, you just had a day spa given to you by a guy you haven’t seen for 20 years—Who does that happen to?” My girlfriend leaned over and said matter factly. “Chloe. Weird random good stuff happens to Chloe.”
I'm so glad it does.
Hey LB Cool Beans... see something familiar?
Even if you won't take up my challenge...
I'm in!!! And I just wanted to brag to you... that's my first layout down girlfriend! Lol.
And I used a whollllee lotta different paper.
Love amusing myself. Don't mind me.







I've told this story to so many people (usually ones who are admiring my ink/sponge system made by you!! I'm so happy you made a page about it, love it Chloe! Gorgeous, and you do deserve it! xx
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing story! WOW, how'd ya let that guy get away? Sounds like he should have been a keeper! There's something about first loves that will always hold a special place in your heart, and obviously you hold a special place in his. WOOHOO! Fabulous layout and about the sweetest story I've heard in a long time. Obviously, you deserve it! xxxxD
ReplyDeleteOh That is a wonderful story!! Im so happy for you! Good things do happen and just when you need them. Hugs to you- Ive been there with the kids, it can get so overwhelming!
ReplyDeletekacee
What a neat story! Thanks for sharing Chloe!--Pat
ReplyDeleteWhat a generous thing for him to do.
ReplyDeleteNice layout and fabulous story. Definitely worth scrapping.
ReplyDeleteKelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com
Love your layout:-)
ReplyDeleteThat is really an amazing story! I truly believe good things happen to good people! What a great memory!
ReplyDeleteCarri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com
Wow, what an amazing story, such a very sweet thing for someone to do for you. I'm not religious but I do strongly believe good things happen to good people and that everything happens for a reason. The fact you bumped into this chap after 20 years and he gave you such a wonderful gift goes to prove it.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for the lovely comment you left on my card too :)
Love Mandy xxx
OH you are making it hard to say no Chloe...I used 8 sheets of the stack to make my wall art this week..so I am trying. Great layout and fun fun story
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story. I really believe that things happen for a reason and that we get what we want when we "need" it the most. Does that make sense? Anyway, I am wondering if this person is married. Do you think you find him on FB?
ReplyDelete