All my half finished projects that never made the linky in time with all my half finished coffees that never made it to my mouth hot. And a party thrown in the mix! EEEK!
Fantabulous Cricut just posted an "add a splash of yellow" challenge... what better yellow than NEON!
This is a crazy rocket the boys and I made for Dean's 5th party. We used the Space Party cart galore and also Birthday Cakes for the font.
You can see Buzz there from Toy Story cart. Love Dean's choice of Blast off button out of one of his present bows.
The egg carton keyboard was made with Birthday Cakes font too.
We even have a "Houston, we have a problem" button... just in case.
Dean invented his own engine from a multitude of useless items and we also used the matching astronaut from the Space Party cake to make all the lolly bags with Plantin School book bag:
HOT tip: If using Space Party cart and you are a slow glue-er like me... Use a roller to roll PVA glue on evenly to the effective black layers and then paste onto the base shape... so much neater than me and my glue pen with my coffee shakes!
The Space Party cart has a lot of cool extras, so I couldn't help making matching drink cups and jelly cups
Such a splash of colour with a little neon in the mix!
Thanks Fantabulous Cricut for giving me the perfect opportunity in Challenge #75 to Space OUT with a bit of neon yellow! It entertained the sugar induced space monkeys for ages!
PLUS, I couldn't go past Paper Cutz challenge to use Stars in your project for the cake! Of course it is a rocket cake... with Space Party title, stars cut from Elmo's party and Matha's Seasonal Cake cart with some lego dudes driving it.
WARNING: Cakes with stars makes children go BALLISTIC!!! Or... could be the copious amount of sugar in the icing. But I'm going with the 'added stars' excuse.
No space party is complete without a home made lunar lander explorer tour. (He could have at least cut the grass while he was at it!)
Thanks Paper Cutz for your stars challenge #106. And having to wait for about THREE HOURS while my gypsy loaded all the stars into it's search function - SHEEESH!!!!
Ok, so I may have exaggerated the three hours thing... But eh, when you don't even have time to take a deep breath in, a lazy slow searching gyspy feels like hours!














So Cool! You're a fun Mommy! You've created such a lovely event, congrats to you and Dean.
ReplyDeleteVictoria victorialavender.net
The party looks awesome. So if the space ship still being used for play time now that the party is over? Would love to come over for the workshop but the jet lag would be killer. LOL. So happy for you that you booked out twice!
ReplyDeleteWow, Chloe! Your son must have deemed you the best Mom ever after that party decorating. Fabulous!!! Please stop by my blog. I have an award for you. :)
ReplyDeleteKelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com
Beyond awesome! Hats off to you my friend!
ReplyDeleteShelly
What a fun fun party. love the space ship and the decor and the cake is super cute.
ReplyDeleteChloe, That is soooooo cute and creative. I am sure he was the talk of the town with his very own space ship. Great Idea. TFS Traci
ReplyDeleteThis looks like it was one out of this world party! Great details and super fun!
ReplyDeleteI left a blog award for you on my blog!
oh so very cool!!! my eldest had a space party when he was little...way before cricut days!!
ReplyDeletei will have to show you my space cake & i was ever so ambitious back then i made 2 pinatas!! these days i just buy them! lol
hope he had a great day & landed safely back on earth after the party finished!!
Wow, I love your rocket! It looks like the kiddos had such a great time. Love that cake to. Such a pretty LO Chloe. Love those colors. Beautiufull. I am so behind from going away, and then this darn hurricane scare. I am going to assume that you started teaching classes at the shop you told me about! Congrats girl. They are beyond LUCKY to have you!!! I know that you are going to bring not only so much talent but your fabulous personality. You go girl.:) I am going to try to do a little catch up here.
ReplyDeleteWhat a creative project! And the party looks like it was a blast (literally!) LOL!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing with us at FCCB!
Sabrina
http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com
All of your projects are so amazing!! My son wants a "space Alien" party so I just bought the Space Party cartridge to make the decorations and gift bags. Your projects with this cartridge are amazing and inspiring!! I bet your son adored his party and was the talk of the town with all his friends. :) Tfs and have a great day. :)
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH, Chloe, what an AWESOME party!! Your space decorations are just out of this world! (Sorry, couldn't resist :) Every part of this is amazing! I'm sure the kids had such a great time! And CONGRATULATIONS on winning the Paper Cutz Challenge with this fabulous project!! :D
ReplyDeleteLisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com
This is AMAZING!! I'm sure the rocket was a hit! My favourite part is the egg-carton keyboard. And I love your comment about the grass!! Too funny!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper
PS I've got to catch up on Jacob! Our summer has been crazy with school, camping, and a flood. Oh my!
Wow! Such amazing and creative projects! I am sure everyone had a blast!! Thanks for playing with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
ReplyDeleteGlenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/
Hi Chloe,FANTASTIC job with all the COOL projects you made for the party!SO FUN,I just LOVE the great cake!Just got back from my holiday,trying to get caught up with my comments. :)
ReplyDelete