I’ve been watching Amie for a while and LOVE her Simply Betty DT stuff. So I finally got around to giving their challenges a go. This is a pocket challenge.
Christy from the Veronica Gang Digi set is perfect for my ‘Receipts be found’ layout. Every year I make a layout where I can store some big receipts of larger scrap items in case I need them.
Plus it helps hide a bit of the evidence. Not that I really care! But we’ve all hidden a bit of scrap stuff, right? If only for the fleeting moment of self guilt. Last year my only option was to either hide them in my scrapbook, or the front of the fridge, no man ever looks in either place.
I layered up the happy shopping Christy. You can't really see it that well in this photo but her boots, dress, hair and bags are raised. The one night my camera decides to OVER achieve. It has a mind of it's own.
My mini handbag pockets.
Ok, here’s a weird tangent for you. D.L. in this case stands for Dead Lady. I’m gonna make a great DL for all my scrap buddies one day, because my family has NO CLUE how much my stash would be worth. My scrap pals will end up with it.
I have my own DL at the moment and have added some of her precious things to this layout. I know she loves watching her stash being used to record time in beautiful ways, just how she intended. So I just had to scrap about her too.
Being a DL to my scrap buddies is going to fun! They will grin with glee when they settle my stash into their rooms. But don’t get your hopes up just yet… Miss Pink Cricut will be in charge of my DL applications in at least the year 2090. All my stuff will be vintage!
'Provo Pick me Up' is an invented word between Me and Miss Pink Cricut. The word 'Provo' ignites excitement within our chirpin hearts, so we decided 'Provo' is a new term for FANTASTIC, MEGABRILLIANT, CHOICE, MINTOX, AWESOME, GROOVY, whatever era your from 'cool' word... my hope is to get the teens using it, adding it to the urban dictionary. Lol. Everyone loves a Provo Pick-me-up!
Thanks for a great challenge Simply Betty! You will love what I have in store for your Halloween Challenge on now too! It was great to make another 'receipts be found' page.
My tax accountant won't see a layout coming!





omg chloe !!! i love this, i need one.....lol
ReplyDeleteDL that is, i hope you win some coole stamps and im looking forward to see your halloween one !!
Have I told you how funny you are lately? It's been a couple of days? Well then, I've overdue! Gosh darn it, Chloe, you are so hysterical! I just love reading your posts - DL is so funny and so true! My family would have no idea how much my stuff is worth, either! This layout is just fabulous! :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com
Adorable layout Chloe-love the purses and sentiments--very cute. Have you heard the news? Clippy just became a dad! Why, that little devil! -- Pat
ReplyDeleteLove it so fun! I'm guilty of hiding, aren't we all?? it's a part of the fun!
ReplyDeleteCarri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com
omg i love it...think you may need to make me second in line...afterall carlene seems like she has a gazzillion scrappy stuff & huge pink suitcases of provo pick me ups...ive got dibbs on all the double ups...ok?!
ReplyDeleteoh my clippy is a dad?? gosh that happened so fast!!
Oh my gosh Chloe,This is just soo STINKIN' CUTE!I LOVE the sweet image and your coloring is FANTASTIC,Great job with your layout!It is soo FUN and BEAUTIFUL!!!:)
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable! Pretty funny too :)
ReplyDeleteChloe, how creative, another place to hide my receipts. I love the boots as well. Great Job!
ReplyDeleteTraci
Oh my gosh, Chloe I just love this LO!!! Its, ofcourse, brilliant with your touch of humor :). Hehehe couldnt stop laughingh at your DL acronym and the fact that husbands wont bother looking in front of the refrigerator. Also, the way you incorporated the pocket funtion into the purse...just looooooove it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing in the pocket challenge over at Simply Betty. I cant wait to see what Halloween goodness you have stored for us.
Jess M :)
Please visit me at My Scrap Diary
Wow, Chloe! What a brilliant idea to make a scrap page for your receipts. Love it!
ReplyDeleteKelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com
Are you kidding me with this? Another fab LO Chloe. I can totally tell that the hair and boots are raised...great dimension. Perfect colors, details. You made your Christy so glamorous. I hope it works out in getting "Provo" out there as the most current trendy word. Oh and you have no idea of how much hiding I have done, and the strange places. Only us scrappers could understand such madness.
ReplyDeleteChloe, this is absolutely stunning!! Love the use of your pockets, soooo clever!! Sorry I'm late on commenting, but thanks for playing along at SBS, you ROCKED this!
ReplyDeleteCyndi
As cute as can be, and soooo hilarious and TRUE! What self respecting crafter can honestly say the HAVEN'T hidden a receipt (or two, or three!)? another birlliant layout, girly! xxD
ReplyDelete