This was such an easy theme for me to plan my project. Aside from the ability to laugh at myself often, this little man of mine is a gift of laughter and giggles to our family.
You can almost hear his laugh coming out of the photo!
My boys both have a rare form of albinism. Even though they do not look typically like a person with albinism, they share the same symptoms and my boys are both borderline legally blind. You will never be able to tell this little prankster that he has a disability. He is LOVING life and faces all the challenges associated with blindness and albinism, with an incredibly happy heart. So this layout celebrates that fact.
I was so inspired by the Interactive challenge we had recently at Whimsical Wednesday, I challenged myself to make something a little different and problem solved it myself. The curtains open up from behind the tent to reveal the fun circus show that this little boy brings to our life.
This is the journalling:
Love how the Card CANDi adds a dimension to those juggling balls. The set of paper is Animal Crackers from Imaginisce.The curtain is from DCWV Immortal Love stack.
A quick tutorial on a self made circus tent:
I drew a rough shape. Emphasis on ROUGH there!
Only used half the tent to make sure it balanced and cut two back to back pieces to be the base.
Then I used the sections in my rough drawing to cut back to back of patterned paper so it would match either side.
Then I glued these on, stuck the base and the middle down using double sided tape and cut the curtains to fit, securing the top with brads so that they swing from underneath.
All to reveal a collage of Drew being a
'gooseboy' as we call him. Check out the one with a cookie tin on his head as a helmet using the lid as a steering wheel. What a Goose!
All to reveal a collage of Drew being a
'gooseboy' as we call him. Check out the one with a cookie tin on his head as a helmet using the lid as a steering wheel. What a Goose!
The Life is a Circus and Elephant Snag em stamps were made with an Emboss Resist technique. Stamped on White card with Versamark ink, covered with white emboss powder, heated and then the card is covered in Distress ink. I used Barn Door and Tumbled Glass inks for these. The embossing resists the ink leaving it white and shiny.
I wanted something subtle for the edges of the curtains.
I used a tonne of extra characters, borders, die-cuts and i-gems that match Animal Crackers set for all the extra detail.
Thanks for checking out my Greatest Show ever!
Now head back over to Whimsical Wednesday to see all the other amazing design team work and join our fun! You have two weeks to enter and I can not wait to visit your blog to see what humorous fun you create!
Click HERE to go to Whimsical Wednesday to see full challenge details.
Plus there is a great prize up for grabs on Always Crafting just for helping Stephanie find a title for her fun layout!
Plus there is a great prize up for grabs on Always Crafting just for helping Stephanie find a title for her fun layout!
***************************************************************************
Speaking of laughs: HOT BLOG HOP UPDATE
Jacob has arrived in Livermore CA to visit Donna from Popsicle Toes! Plus he has another clip on koala! Lol.
Check out his welcome HERE.













are you kidding me...a lift up circus tent...amazing.
ReplyDeleteOh my Chloe,Your layout is just AMAZING!All the details and colors are INCREDIBE,FANTASTIC job with this BEAUTIFUL project my friend!!:)
ReplyDeleteLove the interactive element. This is soo funny.
ReplyDeleteYour Circus Tent design is so clever, and the photos of your son are adorable! I can just about hear his laughter. What a happy little guy!
ReplyDeleteFabulous Lo Chloe!!! The tent you made is amazing and I just love all the pictures inside. You also used one of my favorite collections from Imaginisce. :) Great job on this challenge your LO is truly inspiring!! Tfs and have great day. :)
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!! How cool is this!!!! He is adorable and all of those cute faces are priceless. I love the tent lifting up to reveal all those darling pictures. Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora
ReplyDeleteoh wow!! that is so awesome and you did an amazing job on your circus tent..wow!! I'm just blown away and that is so getting scraplifted, just so you know..LOL
ReplyDeletehugs
Nanné
WOW! This layout is AMAZING! I think I say that evertime I visit your blog! All the pictures themselves make me smile! The lift up tent is genius! Great job!
ReplyDeleteThis is incredible, you are so creative, talented and funny!
ReplyDeleteChloe..this was the GREATEST show ever!!!! Your tent is amazing and I just LOVE all your cute photo's. Your lttle guy looks like he has just a joyful spirit and always smiling:) LOVE, LOVE your LO! Fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteSherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
And now ladies and gents, boys and girls, let me draw your attention to the center ring where Chloe has created yet another fabulous layout that will amaze and delight you! Great job, Chloe--Pat
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing!! I cannot believe you made that circus tent by hand! Fantastic job. Your boys are adorable and I'm happy to hear they bring you so much joy and laughter!
ReplyDeleteIncredible layout, Chloe! I love the interactive element and those photos of Drew are priceless. He looks like quite a ham (as is my 19-month-old son).
ReplyDeleteKelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com
This is an awesome layout the tent is a wow! and your little one is so cute!! He looks like a very happy little boy. You are a blessed mommy. I am a new follower. Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteChloe your LO is amazing. I knew for sure when I saw the first picture that as I scrolled down you would have some amazing surprise for us! Once again you have wowed me. I love how the curtain pulls open to reveal the most wonderful, fun photos of your little guy. Just looking at him makes me happy. What a personality on that little boy, Chloe. I like how you used the emboss resist technique. The images are so shiny. I love that you used a ticket for you journaling tag. Such a fresh, fun take on the challenge!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to visit Donna to see what she and Jacob are up to. I know this is going to be good!
Hugs!!
All I can say is AWESOME! Great job Chloe!!! Hugs, Cathryn :)
ReplyDeleteOMG Chloe, this is absolutely fantastic!!! I can see why you were so excited to share this with us!!! Your lil guy is just darling...his smile is infectious!!!! I really love everything you did on this layout...really went all out...love the extra touches!!! And I love that line of paper!!! TFS!!!
ReplyDeletehugs,
joni
LOVE that tent! Wowzers, what awesome detail! Drew is such a cutie pie and from the looks of it he gives you plenty of scrapping inspiration! Thanks so much for stopping by over at my blog and leaving me a comment, it's much appreciated!
ReplyDeleteChloe, that tent is just AMAZING! What a super fun layout and the interactive aspect is so clever! Drew is a living DOLL amd you are a creative genius! xxD
ReplyDeleteHi, Chloe,
ReplyDeleteThis is my first visit to your blog. 'Looks like we are both a fan of Scrap Tiffany.
Oh, your layout is absolutely delightful! I love all the color, detail and everything about it. Your son is so adorable! Thanks so much for sharing!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Renee J.
Chloe, you amaze me! Just so much to look at and so much FUN! Your little boy is adorable! TFS!
ReplyDeleteShelly
http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/
SO pretty!
ReplyDeleteChloe These are amazing, and so fun!! Great job, I love all of it!!! Karen♥
ReplyDeleteCute layout! ~Shen
ReplyDeleteChloe, thank you so much for visiting my blog; thanks, too, for your sweet comments. 'Looking forward to visiting again. Yayyy, I just made a new blogging friend!
ReplyDeleteWow, I love your layout. It's amazing.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, Chloe, your layout is AMAZING! Your little guy is so adorable and happy and the pictures make me smile! The tent is one of the most creative things I've seen! You really are fabulously talented! Love, love, love it!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com
WOW! Chloe you did an amazing job on this challenge and LO! I love your adorable little boy and yes you can feel his laughter coming out of the pictures! Your talent for bring pictures back to life through LO's are amazing and I always LOVE seeing your totally aawesome projects! TFS and have a GREAT day :)
ReplyDeleteholy smokes chloe this is fantasticly fun layout! what wonderful pics of your boy inside the big top. you are so incredibly talented. hope your weekends been a fun one :)
ReplyDeleteThe layouts are over the "tent top" terrific!
ReplyDeleteSonia
OMG! Chloe what an amazing job once again I am in awe every time I see your layouts of what can be achieved I just love your photos showing your little boys character how adorable is he...and he always looks like he gets up-to and quite possibly into mischief! Tanks for your lovely comments and enthusiasm on my blog too! thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteThis is what I have been working my way to but so many other fabulous projects this week! This LO is absolutely amazing, fun, and so creative! Thanks for the big top details! What an awesome way to incorporate so many fun pictures! I bet your little man just loves this! They are so adorable! It is a super duper cute LO! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteAmber