Saturday, August 13, 2011

Flowers on the brain!

People always ask me how I come up with my hair-brained ideas. Well, here's an insight into my crafty quirky brain.

This pointless contraption is in my mums bathroom. (I'm not a collector of trinkets, so this baffles me). But I love scrapping with things that attach a memory of an actual item in my life.
Now I know it's here pictured on my cutting mat, but tttttrrrrusttt me - that mat can't get any grottier. 

 The first thing my scientific brother does when he picks it up, is he checks if the wheels work, weighs it up wondering how to get an engine on it, what speed it could get up to and what building to launch it off.

The first thing I do is rip that smelly flower thing outta there... Between the two of us, my mum can't have any electronic, technological or artsy thing in her house, without it being dissected....







ooooooooo - wait a minute... this could work in paper. It's a woodchippy type potpourri thing. So I pull off some petals at the back to check that shape, holding my breath from the potpourri blerghy stench. 
 Looks like a tag to me, "Don't you think cricut baby?"
Cricut agrees. We're cutting tags. Sans the hole. Working the gypsy... done... assez bon!"
 Now. Different lengths, longer for the outside, bien sur. 
 (my artsy brain seemingly throws in french phrase ocassionally. lol)

 Get to this stage... surely this has got to work somehow... 
 But still no ACTUAL plan. So I ink around the outsides waiting for the idea to make the light bulb above my head go Bling Bling!

With a delicate prowess, I RRAAAMMMM these into the smelly thing (hoping secretly to render it more useless) to find out which 'technical curling apparatus' I should select. 
After a millisecond delibration. Paintbrush it is. 
Folded a few, and finally, after three minutes from chirping, a plan was coming together. LOVE speedy use of time. As Miss Pink Cricut would now tell me - 'that plan's got legs.' 

 Place a double sided foam square underneath and start layering! Then, when I got to the second layer... *screeching brakes* STOP RIGHT THERE!!!! It's hot. Don't mess with a good thing. 
So just like good fashion advice, less is more. I let that flower be it's beautiful self with minimal accessories. 
 I just have to work out how to jam that button in the centre. Too easy. 

I'm so excited! This is one of the flowers that will feature in my upcoming 'Flowers and Fun' workshop at a local shop  called Stampers Den. In a few weeks am going to be running work(fun)shops there every couple of weeks featuring my out-of-the-norm scrap thinking.



Poor ladies! They have no idea what this caffienated energy bomb has in store for them! It is going to be so much fun!


BUT luckily, all my bloggers will benefit, as I will blog all the tutorials and cool ideas on my blog after I run each one!

No segways in my thought patterns:


This would look HOT as an SVG. OOOOOOoooooooooo.

Mum in the background "Where is my smelly bike?" 


Then with every experiment I do, it is worth running it through the cuttlebug once to see what happens when it squishes...
I told you that mat couldn't get any grottier. 

No segways, I warned you already... keep up.

The 'ramming of the pen incident', along with a crafty Mister Maker gave me an idea and a great way to use up a strip of glarey paper.  
As a deck chair for a lego dude on a paper plate island.

MMMM thinking of Bora Bora ... deserted island and stripey deck chair away from the boyznoiz. 

Shut up brain... stop teasing me!






10 comments:

  1. Great flower. Love the beach chair on paper plate island. Your writing is such a joy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chloe,AWESOME job with your BEAUTIFUL Flowers!JUST AMAZING my friend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower was beautiful Chloe; going to remember that one!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoy reading your thought process! Great flower!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower! I look forward to hearing all about your crafting classes. I always enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way your mind works, Chloe. And I am so thrilled that you share it with us. It makes me smile and wish that you lived a lot closer so we could get together. :)

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tutorial. Love your thought process. Thanks for the hilarious comment on my blog...you crack me up, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so awesome, Chloe!! I so love reading your posts and trying to keep up with your thoughts!! The flowers are simply stunning! So creative and beautiful!! :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for letting us go for a ride inside the Chloe brain. The flower came out awesome, and I love the pretty patterned paper you chose. I am excited to hear about your upcoming venture. Those ladies are going to be very lucky to spend some time with you! I can't wait too see what fun creative things you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh Awesome!! Congrats on your new gig. Those ladies are going to love the ball of energy youll be taking. Cant wait to see what other fun tutorials you will have for us.
    Jess M :)
    Please visit me at My Scrap Diary

    ReplyDelete