Friday, October 7, 2011

Celebrate the Occasion - Breast Cancer Awareness Challenge #33

If you are looking for the Whimsical Wizards Wednesday challenge - Click Here! 
***************************************************************
Couldn't help but enter this Challenge #33 by Celebrate the Occasion. My mum got breast cancer very young at 42 years old. Doctors have been watching me like a hawk since I was 32, just to be sure. Mum has the very aggressive BRACH2 gene for breast cancer which puts you 80% risk of it. That's high odds! But even the normal odds of 1 in 8 is high enough for me.

When I was just 19 years old I watched my mum go through a massive life change and physical change. It was rather scary. And if you read my journalling in this layout, you'll see what I was thinking at that time. 

She really was a warrior. But she had everything she needed to survive inside her before the battle began. She was transformed into a walking corpse for such a long time thanks to chemo with life long irreversible changes happening to her body. Never once missed a beat as a mum, wife and worker. She fought incredibly long and hard... and won. 

I'll have a few more layouts to follow this week that will show you more of my mum and how he kicked cancer to the curb. 

So if you know me, what I am dealing with, how much my life has been turned upside down lately, how much I get achieve, how every minute counts, how strong I am in my resolve and how well I know - and respect - myself as a person ... you can see now where I started building it. Behind every brilliant woman is another older version who she calls her mum. 

Thanks to Celebrate the Occasion for a chance to celebrate the best occasion ever...Remission! 13 years now. Wooo! 


*****************************************************************
I'm still STUNNED at the cool set of prizes you can win at Whimsical Wednesdays Blog Hop tonight at 7 pm!!!!
Join us for fun and a chance to win big time! 
I can't wait to show you my DT for it. x



 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Chloe,I'm so glad your Mum won her battle.Thanks for your comment on my blog too and sharing with us at CTO.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a story, Chloe. So happy for you and your Mum. Great LO; one to savor forever.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful lay-out, I am so happy your Mom was able to win the fight. I watched my sister battle bone cancer at the age of 23, she passed at the age of 29. It was many sad years. Thanks for sharing!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing this with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe, this is amazing! now I can see exactly how you became the woman you are today. so happy for you and your Mum! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. chloe what a great layout!!
    im so glad to hear your mum has always had that strength in her & she is doing well....its given me some hope that my cousin who was just diagnosed with it can get through this time in her life too & get to show her girls just how amazing she is

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chloe thanks for sharing a bit about your Mum! Your layout is so pretty! I love the colors, the doily,(did you make that too?), the buttons and jewels. Your Mum is pretty, like you, and I can see the resemblance for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chloe- this layout is so lovely & meaningful. Your post & journaling brought tears to my eyes.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Crafty best,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely LO. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Chloe, this is beautfiul and is your story! I am so happy that your mom made it through that horrible time. Thanks so much for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really heartwarming LO, really beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful layout!!!
    Glad your keeping a watchful eye out!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful story, Chloe and I am so happy that your mom was able to win her battle!! What a goreous page dedicated to her courage and strength!! :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is why these are done, very nicely done, thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete