Sink into your chair... this is going to be a long bumpy ride:
Woohooooo I hope you are joining my fabulous fellow DT ladies at Whimsical Wednesday for our Halloween Decor Challenge. "Halloween has crept into our homes."
Just for fun, and because the DT inspired me so much, I made a wall hanging using Word Collage, Happy Hauntings and Martha Stewart Seasonal Cakes. PLUS Echo Park's Apothecary Emporium paper, using Word Collage cartridge. LOOOOVVVEEE it all! Link up at Whimsical Wednesday HERE by 26th October.
There are some awesome prizes!
*************************************************************************
I got the present from Curt Jensen yesterday in the mail.
I started playing around with the Word Collage cartridge making this project thinking I was pretty cool taking pics to show you this little tutorial!!!
Make the cut and watch it chirp away happily.
Peel off the excess and go ooooooo at the pretty sight that took you no time at all to create.
Use the excess paper as a template to stick all your letters on in the right spot.
little bit of Glossy Accents/glue pen
(Or in hindsight the Xyron)
Then peel away the excess and VOILA!!!
But then it dawned on me.
I felt silly.
I still do.
I COULD have just cut the letters out on the ORANGE SHEET and layed it on top of the BROWN...
Such as in this example:
One cut. Glue on the middle of the letters like the holes in O's and A's... and you're done.
Simple.
If you like my collage I made for Curt and Elizabeth Jensen as a thanks for my special surprise in the mail and want to know how I melded two different types of cuts together and added a personal touch - Read on.
Using the Gypsy or Design Studio, use the HIDE function on the Advanced page for Gyspy (or right click for DS) and Hide the parts of the collage you may not need for now.
Tip with Gyspy: Instead of trying to use a caffeine deprived shaking hand to select the little tiny parts you want to hide, click on PREVIOUS and NEXT a few times and watch what the RED part does on your screen.
So now, just keep clicking NEXT, HIDE, NEXT, HIDE and repeat this several hundred times if you want to create this effect:
and single out one word.
You can also use your TEXT button to add personalised words into gaps which you have hidden from the major background cut.
My over-achieving camera makes this shot look like a dyslexic mess, but it really is easy to see when you layer different cuts over the top.
I used the Thanksgiving cut as the major background cut, added a lot of singled out words from the Crafting cut and then added Curt and Liz as a personalised touch with text and fonts on my Gypsy.
Chirp Chirp (Ornamental Iron)
Jacob (Robotz cart)
hothop (Birthday cakes)
2011 (Boys will be Boys)
Blog (Blackletter)
Fun! Imagine the possibilites... mind boggles with excitement.
Did I mention I got a cool gift from Provo?
I think I did.
Speaking of Jacob.
Hope you have visited Sandra this week and the winner is HERE on her post saying Goodbye to Jacob:
Thanks so much Sandra for being a fabulous Hostess!
NOW... he is headed off to see Cool Beans by L.B. in Illinois!
L.B. has a hoard of Jacob fans ready to greet him!
Poor Jacob... His hard work has only just begun!
He thought kissing Jinger at Provocraft HQ was pretty special... But he'll need some lip moisturiser now!













Haha! I just got what's happening with jacob :D
ReplyDeletePeople used to "abduct" garden gnomes here and send photo's to their owners showing them on holiday in foreign parts(generally they were returned unharmed, with culprit never known) :D XXX
WOW!!! Nice tutorial and awesome project. I love that you use the negative piece to lay down the positive pieces in the right spots! That is a trick I love to do, too! Thanks again for the custom Word Collage sign.
ReplyDeleteChloe, You are too fun! Love the tip! Your wall hanging is just beautiful! Have a great day, thanks for the smile :)
ReplyDeleteShelly
you are too funny chloe! Beautiful job on your word collage!
ReplyDeleteOmg, you are to funny!
ReplyDeleteOh just wait for all the fun times we have planned at my place..not to mention he will be working in the craft room by day and dating the girl by night..oh and lets not forget Halloween!!
ReplyDeleteI have spazz moments like that too.
ReplyDeleteI forgot all about that cart. LOVE it AND your own version. Can't wait to see what Jacob is up to next. xxD
ReplyDelete