Monday, October 17, 2011

Love a new distraction!

Wanted to share with you some more digi fun I have been having. I have a found a way to whip some extra layouts in a different way. 

3 words. Pickle Berry Pop.  
Well, one word.. Pickleberrypop. 

Not that I would ever eat a pickleberry or drink one in the form of pop either! Sounds like a cute word until you think of what it would taste like as a soda pop. 
I digress...

Here is a double layout I created with Fly Pixel Studio's set called 'Whimsical Story'.


I had a few questions the other day on how I create them. I use Publisher as my base and make the digi paper a 12 x 12. I then use a mix of Photoshop and Publisher to layer, resize, mat and border. Every layout I have ever created I take a photo of and/or store it as .jpg which is what I saved this one as. 

Eventually, and if I ever need to due to scrapbooks getting wrecked {touching wood} , I can take my disk of high resolution 12 x 12 layouts to a kiosk and spend a grandiose amount of money getting them reprinted as 12 x 12 posters if needed. When we had a fire last year near our acreage... I grabbed my hard drive. All my beautiful hard work in albums is safe in the hard drive too, twice saved onto two external hard drives too, for extra precautions. 

I have a 12 x 12 printer too, but if I ever get these digi ones printed, I'd go the full photoposter hog to make sure the colours came out. Most of my scrapbook layouts would print well too, apart from the hidden pockets, etc.

Having fun with it anyway and this Whimsical Story set is so delightful!

Anyway, I need to sleep otherwise I may have weird dreams too. I have something COMPLETELY different for you tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Oh Chloe your layouts are so cool!! I just love all elements and the story that goes with it!! Awesome:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is fun fun fun..no I can not get sucked into the world of digi right now...need to use paper...polka dot paper someone challenged me to use this year..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Chloe, this is absolutely fabulous! What a beautiful way to preserve a wonderful memory! You did such a great job with the layout!! And the story is so adorable!! I love this!! :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete