You should have arrived here from Stephanie's blog Whimsical Designs If you just dropped by and want to join the fun click here to go to the start.
For my project tonight I have tried something new... a hybrid mix of styles between digital and scrapping techniques and had so much fun!
Some of the elements come from Scrapping Fairytales Spooks and Candies from MarieH Designs. Then I found that fabulous cracked font.
I used Shabby Wrinkled ribbon (from the Little Pumpkin patch collection) in the Prairie Bird Boutique store. Love it!
How did I do this? I tied a large bow with the Wrinkled ribbon. I took a photo. In Photoshop, I used the magic lassoo to isolate the bow and saved the image as a .PNG file. then I placed the bow, flipped it for the other boot, resized it for the top corner of the layout and for her dress. Voila! Matching Wrinkled ribbon bows everywhere! Then my trusty printer printed it all up!
I did the same with Cindy's fabulous pumpkin image. I coloured it with copics and Stampin Up write markers. I then took a photo, used Photoshop and the magic lasso to isolate the pumkin, copy pasted, flipped, tilted and resized to make a bubba pumpkin. You'd think they were drawn differently!
My son Drew is classed as legally blind.
Sometimes he thinks things magically appear because his distance vision is not good.
I love that he is in wonder of the world.
Here are some of our prizes and sponsors:
Stampin Daisies: $10.00 Gift Certificate
Trendy Twine: Original Sample Pack
Trade Fish Designs: Rest In Peace Stamp Set
Prairie Bird Boutique: One bundle of Shabby Wrinkled Ribbon- You get to chose the bundle.
Trendy Twine: Original Sample Pack
Trade Fish Designs: Rest In Peace Stamp Set
Prairie Bird Boutique: One bundle of Shabby Wrinkled Ribbon- You get to chose the bundle.
Thanks for hopping along with us at Whimsical Wednesday,
now head over to see the fabulous Gigi next!
Did you get lost???
Whimsical Wednesdays: http://whimsicalwednesdays.blogspot.com/?zx=eaa28a163f3d1191
Stephanie: www.whimsical-designs.com
Chloe: http://chloeandherclipons.blogspot.com/
GiGi: http://thecricutbug.blogspot.com/
Shelly: http://cardsbyshelly.blogspot.com/
Star: http://starspaperpassion.blogspot.com/
Libby: http://psastampcamp.blogspot.com/
Nanne:http://nannes-creations.blogspot.com/
Cindy: http://cindybcreations.blogspot.com/
Kate: http://scrapperscreativecorner.blogspot.com/
Joni:http://justcounting.blogspot.com/
Glora: http://glorascrafts.blogspot.com/
Melanie: http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com/
Cathryn: http://inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com/
Karen: http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com/
Whimsical Wednesdays: http://whimsicalwednesdays.blogspot.com/
Stephanie: www.whimsical-designs.com
Chloe: http://chloeandherclipons.blogspot.com/
GiGi: http://thecricutbug.blogspot.com/
Shelly: http://cardsbyshelly.blogspot.com/
Star: http://starspaperpassion.blogspot.com/
Libby: http://psastampcamp.blogspot.com/
Nanne:http://nannes-creations.blogspot.com/
Cindy: http://cindybcreations.blogspot.com/
Kate: http://scrapperscreativecorner.blogspot.com/
Joni:http://justcounting.blogspot.com/
Glora: http://glorascrafts.blogspot.com/
Melanie: http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com/
Cathryn: http://inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com/
Karen: http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com/
Whimsical Wednesdays: http://whimsicalwednesdays.blogspot.com/






What a wonderful LO. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kate
Wow Chloe. Not only is the LO fabulous, but you used incredible techniques. You are so the photo shop queen! I love what you did with Cindy's digis, and Patsy's ribbon:) Your little boy is just darling and that surprise look on his face is priceless. Great job as always my friend:) Hugs!
ReplyDeleteNever tried digit scrapbooking. Love how you took the photo of bow and then lassoed it into your layout! Clever and fun!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cute scrapbook page! Your son is adorable too! :)
ReplyDeleteKaren
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com
Terrific layout! Thanks for the tips and tricks on the digital stuff too. Your son looks like such a sweetie and his expressions are priceless! Hugs- Glora
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute LO!
ReplyDeleteWow so super cute!!! :)
ReplyDeleteKimberly
cutie.jensen at gmail.com
hellocutiecrafts.blogspot.com
Chloe this is so darn cute!!! I love that its hybrid...and using the crinkled ribbon as a digital element is so creative!!! Wonderful layout and your lil guy is such a cutie pie!!! TFS
ReplyDeletehugs,
joni
Hi Chloe,FANTASTIC job with your layout!All the details are INCREDIBLE,LOVE your coloring. AMAZING job as always my friend!PS I LOVE this weeks badge!:)
ReplyDeletevery nicely done project
ReplyDeletehugs
mallika
mallikakejriwal@gmail.com
Sooo adorable and you're really rocking the digi world. Love it! xxD
ReplyDeleteyou are a computer wiz! I love what you did with the ribbon and your little man is just too cute!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job Chloe!!
Great job on the lay out. Love the look on the little guys face. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting a hybrid LO. Ive always wondered what a digital scrap book LO looked like. I really like the picture frames. Very cute Halloween LO.
ReplyDeleteHopping by WW blog hop.
Thanks for sharing!
Claire
http://threewaterscreations.blogspot.com/
What a wonderful layout! I love the colors!
ReplyDeleteWow, very cute layout! I'm intimated by Photoshop, so I haven't tried it out yet, but I really like all the different elements you included, esp. the crinkle ribbon.
ReplyDeleteLeinad
scrapsticklepop.blogspot.com
what an adorable layout with adorable photos too. Love it!!!
ReplyDeleteEva :0)
evascrapslife at Gmail dot com
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com/
I have a giveaway on my blog
So adorable Chloe, and I'm afraid this will not post! I haven't been able to comment on your blog--Pat N.
ReplyDeleteOh! Are you going to cherish this forever, so cute and adorable! Love it :O)
ReplyDeletehttp://thehoosierstamperleahanngast.blogspot.com
lgast24 at gmail dot com
What an adorable project!! Your colors are perfect and love the layour. Great job!
ReplyDeleteSherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
What a super fun layout! Love the crinkle ribbon bows- way to think outside the box!
ReplyDeletekacee
That is so amazing how you did that photo editing! And your page is just precious. TFS:-)
ReplyDelete~Tammy S
tammy dot schmitt at mac dot com
http://thepurplemuse.blogspot.com
Great layout I love all the techniques you used, great job!!
ReplyDeletealvinadiaz@msn.com
alvinasccreations.blogspot.com
Chloe this is so super! How sweet that he thinks it is magic! Love it! His face expression is precious!
ReplyDeleteCarri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis is super cute!!! Love his expressions!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAdorable Layout!
ReplyDeleteLove the bright green
What a fun layout. The dough looks fun.
ReplyDeletehttp://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com
What a bright and cheerful layout! Great photos of your son, he's so cute. I love the way you did all that "fancy" stuff with your computer. GREAT job!
ReplyDeleteI love how you used the ribbon on your layout!
ReplyDeleteSO creative! I never in a million years would have thought of combining digital and paper crafting the way you have. So super CLEVER! :)
ReplyDeleteNita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com
Very cute layout!
ReplyDeleteChloe, what a great layout using digital and paper pieces! I love the frames you used and that you used Cindy's digis and the crinkle ribbon! Great project! Melanie
ReplyDeletehttp://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com
Fabulous layout.
ReplyDeleteJayne x
Cute project! Come by for visit!
ReplyDeletehttp://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/10/wacky-doodle-wednesday-and-giveaway.html
Hi Chloe you certainly are the LO Godess! I love viewing your work and love how you have tried and succeeded in mixing many variations to your work...it never ceases to amaze me. Drews face is a picture! so adorable and full of wonder about his world:))
ReplyDeleteWow Chloe.. you did such a great job incorporating so many wonderful and different elements to your page, luv your photoshop work..Fab job :)
ReplyDeletehugs
Nanné
What a fun LO! I love how you used the crinkle ribbon and Cindy's stamps. The technique is amazing. Also, I love the look on your sons face, So cute! Tfs and have a great day. :)
ReplyDeleteVery cute layout!! TFS :)
ReplyDeletepruttybird at comcast dot net
chloe you are just amazing with the photoshop/etc great layout!love what you did with the ribbon and cindys images. your boy is adorable :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Chloe, what a LO! :o) You did an extraordinary job with the hybrid. The ribbon looks amazing! I love all the seasonal elements (sparkly cobweb!) and most love the story behind the captured memory. :o) Beautiful work, my friend!
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings! :o)
Darling layout and really cute photos. Thanks.
ReplyDeletepcrusberg at aol dot com
Adorable pictures of Drew! Great layout! You are amazingly talented!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute and fun! I love Cindy's pumpkins and the way you scanned and added the ribbbon! What a cool idea! Great job!
ReplyDeleteooooh I love layouts! Super cute job!! I love getting good inspiration especially for pages I know I'm going to do! Super cute!!!
ReplyDeleteJessica
paperdeckerations.blogspot.com
paperdeckerations at gmail dot come
Cute! Great way to do a hybrid!
ReplyDeleteSuper Cute layout!!! Your little guy is sooo cute!!!
ReplyDeletePuppy Hugs!
This is darling Chloe! I love the surprised look on Drew's face - that is so adorable! I have never tried digi scrapping but you make it sound like fun :)
ReplyDeleterebeccadunham at hotmail dot com
Priceless...I love the look on his face..pure amazement. Way to Go Super Mum! The LO is terrific! You got very creative and it sounds like you had fun, too!
ReplyDelete:O)
Jessica
jessicascraftshaque blogspot
As always, I am in awww of your LO Chloe! It is so awesome! I love the way you incorporated the ribbon and Cindy's image! Your little guy is so adorable too!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
Amber
Super cute! TFS CallyAnn(new follower)
ReplyDeleteYour layout is just adorable and oh, so clever! LOVE the expression on your son's face and that quirky, fun playdough figurine!
ReplyDeleteThats so sweet. Very creative layout. Thanks for the fun.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute and sweet layout. Love the journal note. Smooches... Felica - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com
ReplyDeletewhat a great layout thanks so much for sharing :)
ReplyDelete-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com
What a Beautiful Layout. Love the jounaling you wrote. Smooches... Felica - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com
ReplyDeleteCute Layout.
ReplyDeleteKathyV
Katsews at Gmail dotcom
Love your layout and the journal note. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com. This is my 3rd time trying to post bcuz its not showing up.
ReplyDeletePrecious layout. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteOh so super cute!!! I think it's only a matter of time before Drew catches on to you and then you'll really have to whip up some magic! LOL! Love the digi stuff, Chloe! I'm in the process of downloading a digi software program and if I can ever figure it out, I'm hoping to master it as quickly as you. Thanks for sharing this whimsical layout!
ReplyDeleteAwesome. I love the way you took a picture of the items and added them to the LO.
ReplyDelete(:(:Smiles:):)
Robin
the cricut scrapper
WOW you did a great job on your layout. I love the play dough monster.
ReplyDeletekatieoscreations@gmail.com
This is so much fun! I've never tried digital scrapbooking, but you make it look fun!
ReplyDeleteLisa
summer_sunset54 at hotmail.com
Cute layout! I haven't done any digital scrapbooking...yet! :)
ReplyDeleteCrafty_kitten at mac dot com
This is so cute, I love the playdough pics!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so absolutely adorable, Chloe! Your son is so sweet and I love this fabulous layout!!
ReplyDeleteI'm back now from a two week vacation, trying to get caught up! Thank you for stopping by my blog while I was gone! I hope you are doing well my sweet friend and have a great week :)
Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com