Sunday, October 30, 2011

Scrap the Boys October Challenge

is to include a handmade boy embellishment. 

Here is my seriously over-embellished layout of my 
eldest at 2 years old. 


I am loving the handmade stuff out there at the moment. My favourite new obsession is the Chip Chop Shop.  She makes the cutest little fimo shapes. I would never have used doilies on my boy pages if it wasn't for her bright bold colours.
 Then the Shabby Wrinkled ribbon is from the brilliant recycler at Prairie Bird Boutique. It is so much fun to work with.
I just moved house, and like everyone, have a tonne of extra keys I found and I have no clue what lock they belong to. This is a nice way to keep them safe. Just in case... My copics coloured this one up beautifully. 

The Washi Tape is from Sawyers Place. All great patterns and prices and she is even wanting to know what kinds of designs people want... Have an input into your fav tape! Love a business who listen to their buyers.
Then I used Chipped Sapphire distress ink on bubble wrap and gave the layout some extra texture.

Don't you just want to squeeze his cute little cheeks! 

As much as I love handmaking things... when there is so many gorgeous artists out there creating wonderfully priced awesomeness... why wouldn't you support them making it!
Take a look at the latest addition to the Chip Chop Shop
Me? Hand make that kind of cuteness? I tried and failed. 
I'm glad to keep them all in business.

My gosh, sounding like a sales person, but I'm not. 
Just love finding good companies that make 
my scrapping easy and fun!  



Thanks for a fun challenge Scrap the Boys! 



10 comments:

  1. Love it Chloe... awesome choice in colors and awesome choice in embellishments too.... thanks for sharing and spreading the love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layout Chloe & thanks for the great idea of colouring in the key with your Copics.All looks great. Cheers Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome LO Chloe! I love all your embellishments! Adorable little man :)
    TFS and have a GREAT day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super lay-out Chloe! Love your amazing details!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe, this page is amazing. Loving the colors and I too am a massive fan of the Chip Chop Shop!! Love the key and your stamping. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chloe, What an Adorable page!! I really love all the distressing and the layers! I think the doilies work with this page! Must be the colors because it's not girlie at all:):) Oh and the little guy is super cute too!!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing cuter than the layout are those adorable pictures!! I love all the elements you used to create this fabulous page! The doilies look just perfect and the key is a great touch!! :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE how you colored the key!!! Very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think this is overly embellished! I love this layout and the bold colors! Beautiful pictures of your son in such a pretty blue! His cheeks are definitely squishy cute!

    ReplyDelete