Friday, October 28, 2011

Simply Betty 12 days of Halloween - Guest Design Spot!

YAY!!!! 
Today I am Guest Designing for Simply Betty Stamps
They are celebrating the 12 days of Halloween and I am helping conclude the 12 days!

On the twelfth day of Halloween
My true love gave to me
Twelve bats a-flying
Eleven casks a-leaning
Ten ghouls a-groaning
Nine ghosts a-booing
Eight monsters shrieking
Seven pumpkins glowing
Six goblins gobbling
Five scary spooks!
Four skeletons
Three black cats
Two trick or treaters
And an owl in a rotten oak tree

All you have to do for this one is incorporate a bat in your project! Easy.

I had so much fun.
I made a Jellyshot/Lolly holder for Halloween which will sit in a local scrapbooking shop on Monday 31st. 
I used the fabulous Simply Betty Stamp called 
'Miss Betty Burton'
Coloured her with Copics and added some i-gem bling and Crystalina Kindy Glitz.
I enlarged the bat she is holding in her hand different sizes, doubled them up for wings flapping effect and tied 12 different sized ones from the umbrella.
 
I made a paper spider out of folding black legs, used a dotty flower wrapped it's petal's around a ball of paper for the spider head and added googly eyes.  I used some Prairie Bird Boutique shabby crinkle ribbon.
 If you like the umbrella, 
Here is a template I made:
You have my permission to save this to your computer. 
 Cut out 8 of these shapes on different patterned paper, fold tabs over and glue together, gently valley folding along centre line to create an umbrella folded look. 
 
Hope you like my jelly holder.
Thanks so much for the Simply Betty Stamps team for inviting me to use some of their awesome stamps. 

I'm entering all the other 11 challenges.
You have until 30th Oct to link your entries! 
I can't wait to show you my entries. 
And if you need some Halloween inspiration - Head on over and see the fabulous DT work!
 

7 comments:

  1. Holy BAT
    i love ti
    you make a wonderful project
    thanks for showing
    im on my way to the final ....only 3 to go

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Chloe. Love all the details you incorporated. That ribbon looks awesome..and I think I recognize that twine:) Love how you used girl! And of course the star of the show is fabulous with her blue hair and skin. One can only hope she is still standing after drinking up the shots hehe. I am so corny. Thank you for saying that we can use your template. I am seeing a really cool Christmas theme using this concept. Another inspiring piece my friend. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is simply amazing. Love Love your work.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chloe, you are something else! This creation is just super! Love it!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Chloe, I don't even know what to say...this is FABULOUS!! You are so creative and talented and just amazing my friend!! LOVE this :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWSERS! What a super cool idea. Great details. I love 3D projects that can be put on display, especially when they are useful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Chloe! This is absolutely FABULOUS! Honestly, it couldn't be cuter and so so creative. Love, love, LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete