I'm joining in Peachy Keen Challenge #61! It is a sketch challenge with a twist to use twine... so I used twisty twine!
I love watching live comedy. You can never get enough laughs in your life. I made the following set of cards using some ideas from a 'lecture' called Politics by Ricky Gervais, which appealed to my sense of humour.
Here's the Peach Keen Sketch:
And here are my cards.
These aren't direct quotes from Ricky.
Due to the challenge being a bit twisty,
I twisted his words a little too!
I'm a teacher. Sometimes the teaching game can get quite political, red tape covered and a little top heavy in the decision making. This is a card for a teacher friend of mine who laughs along with me at the crazy politics that sometimes occurs, as it does in any profession.
Inside:
This is a joke card for a GF of mine who'll be the first to admit she is as ditzy as me sometimes. I'll save it for when she next screws up and makes me laugh... REAL example: She threw out her $70 DYMO labeller with a full label cartridge because she thought it had run out of ink, couldn't find ink replacement tanks to buy and couldn't find where the ink tank was kept on it . ummmmm....
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
The batteries had simply run out, it's a laser printer.
Inside:
As I said, I'm a teacher. Calling the attendance roll these days annoys me. The names can look like this:
Afhirsfmsdegfnasodjjjjoioos
but it pronounced: Alice.
Well, exaggerating a little, but you get the picture.
Hence my sons are called Dean and Drew.
Simple. Easy. No hidden alphabet.
No extra letters to mess with little minds.
This is for the next intelligent girlfriend of mine out of four I know who are pregnant that chooses wisely. Lol.
I used Everyday Faces for Humpty and
Animal Faces Medium set for all the horses.
Thanks for a fabulously fun challenge Peachy Keen!
Would you believe I got the idea for these cards while looking at the fabulous PK DT work of Janice...
HOW ON EARTH I came to think of an Humpty from a bowling pin scene I DON'T EVEN KNOW!
Twisted twine, twisted mind!









OMG! We would have a ball together! I used to teach before I became ill and EVERYTHING you said is SO TRUE!!!! I used to have nightmares the night before school started because I was so afraid of mispronouncing a child's name and hurting his/her's feelings! YOUR cards just "cracked" me up. Wish we were teaching together. I am sure I would be in stitches every day! I have a wicked sense of humor too:) Iused to teach kids with emotional problems. You either laughed or went insane, lol. http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThanks for bringing a smile to my face today. Great cards.
ReplyDeletehttp://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com
I totally get it! Humpty is the bowling ball and the horses, the pins! I love your take on the sketch Chloe! Great fun! I am always so humbled when I can inspire you! You are a creative genius! Thanks again for playing along and sharing your talent! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteChloe you are a total riot! We could all use these fun cards!
ReplyDeleteCarri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com
I love love these cards! They "cracked" me up! What a creative way to use twine!
ReplyDeleteThese are all great you are are so funny. Love your sense of humor.
ReplyDeleteDIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/
A TOTAL crack up! Chloe, you are the BEST! xxD
ReplyDeleteLove them all! Your mind works in a twisted yet beautiful way. Fabulous! :)
ReplyDeleteKelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com