Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brotherly Love

A few people have asked how I collaged the photos behind the word LOVE in my Brotherly Love layout which is featuring in the Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs this week. 
 Here's how! Cut the word LOVE out with a plain bold font so that it fits across the bottom of your background colour. (I cut it out of the black Bazzills). 

Sans Serif, Boys Will Be Boys Cart (shadow), Mickey Mouse, Opposites Attract are all suitable plain fonts. Manipulate the word with the Gyspy, Design Studio or SCAL to stretch it right across the paper. 
Next I use with the Publisher or Photoshop program to mimic the letters and measurements. 

Start pasting in suitable photos to fit within the letters.
 If you use Publisher, send the text box to the back so that you can move the pics around to match. 

Grayscale one picture to the shades/colours you like. 
Use the format painter brush to colour the other pictures the same. Click once on the grayscale pic, click the brush then click on all the other pics so they match the first.

Once you have layered the whole word using the Crop tool to chop and resize photos to fit, print it off on photo paper. 


Cut each letter out seperately and secure with tape behind the right hole on your layout. 
I then used a slick white dimensional glue to edge the letters for effect, distressed the edges of the paper, used a metallic sequin dimensional glue for the peek-a-boo kisses on the white bazzill underneath, a love stamp in the top left corner and 'brotherly' is cut from a neglected cartridge of mine Stone Script (shadow). 

I love creating a gorgeous page out of two plain coloured bazzills and one sheet of photo paper. 

I hope you are entering the Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge. Create a design using the word LOVE on it. You have until noon (CST) Thursday, Feb. 17 to link up your project! You can link up your project at Frosted Designs post here!


3 comments:

  1. This is such a great lay-out! Love the colors and the great photo display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Chloe! What an amazing page! the way you did the letters with the photos is just stunning and I can't believe you managed that dimensional glue so perfectly. WOW! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the way you did the title! So creative! It makes me want to take some photoshop classes to learn all these little tricks! Thanks for the lesson! And for being a guest designer!! You rocked it!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete