Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cheap Chirpin Tuesday

Cheap Chirpin Tuesday! #2 for February!

Today I am featuring my FAVOURITE tool (well, after my cricut and Glossy Accents!)  Excuse Jacob, he is having a bad hair day...

My roller! 

Even though $14.95 isn't as cheap as some of our chirps, it is cheap in comparison to what it saves you!

These rollers available from Art stores (they are used for screen printing, painting and printmaking) are EXCELLENT for extending your Cricut Mat use. Perfect for when your mat starts getting a little less tacky and you need that paper to STICK!!! Just roll over the paper on your mat with a bit of pressure and it will stay. It is also great for rolling paper onto your mat that has a few cuts on it already. It makes my mats last so much longer. 

  Not to mention it can help with painting paper and printmaking.
Because it has thumb grooves, you can put a fair bit of pressure on it. If you put your paper in an embossing folder and the plate on top and roll it with pressure, it works as a quick embossing tool. It doesn't emboss as deeply as the sizzix or cuttlebug does, but it sure does a decent enough job if you are in a hurry. See below Clockwork emboss.
 So today's Cheap Chirpin Tuesday one of these rollers is up for grabs!

Head over to Me n' Miss Pink Cricut to see her Cheap Chirps.
Then comment on all of Febuary's posts on both of our blogs for a chance to win ALL the cheap chirpers for the month! 


10 comments:

  1. Loving Jacob's necklace!!!

    These are the BEST rollers! I use mine to stick down cardstock when my dirty ..... Cricut mat is lacking sticky! Get months more out of dirty ..... Cricut mats...even a year more lol Yes you know I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chloe

    I've been hanging out for this one since you hinted about it!! Great idea, I'll certainly be on the hunt for one next time I'm out shopping!!

    Thanks for another great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your assistant, what a hunk!! My sil gave me one of those, great tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I love the way you did this posting. You have a real talent with props. But you also rock at making cards too.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, I love your Hunk, I think I need one myself! I think the closet thing I would have is a boy polly pocket or a Ken doll with no head...
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl... you are cracking me up!! I adore your hot model!! Thanks for the roller tips...I have one that has never been taken out of the package yet!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can barely type! Still getting over the bad hair day comment. LOL I had no idea you could emboss with a roller. Sure looked like a great job to me. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now he's a storage system that I haven't seen before! I'm impressed with how well the roller embosses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Chloe. What a great tip and you are cracking me up with the . I always enjoy popping over to see what you will come up with next. I am trying to get in touch with you but do not see a contact button. Can you please e-mail me at sar342@aol.com so we can chat.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have any rollers at all because of the cost (I live on Soc. Security). You make them sound even more desirable to me!! I was just at the Tuesday Cheap Chirpin site and love the glue dots she show on her most recent (2/15) post. I love the fact that they are clear!! Awesome products!!

    ReplyDelete