Monday, February 7, 2011

Flaunt it Friday #10 Indie Art Lips

Back for another Flaunt it Friday challenge and this week we had to use the smoochy lips in Indie Art. 

So excited that I set this challenge for myself and it turned out alright. It took a bit of problem solving! 
  Front of the card.

 Inside the card.


Nearly everyone has seen the email where the lips appear and then the monkey with the glasses flashes up...

I wanted to try and make it work for a card. 

Unfortunately while it was drying my son came in and shut the card leaving some silver stickles up the top.

But since it is for my husband, (who has been a monkey man lately!! lol) I thought it's a nice reminder to us of how our sons get into EVERYTHING! So I left it there and took the photos pronto before anything else happened to it. 

 I tested out the toad from Four Legged Friends and various other animals in my carts and was so thrilled when the ape face from Animal Kingdom worked well. 


Love the glitter paper I found in a local newsagency. 
Takes one to know one hubby!

All the measuring, resizing, and problem solving I did, it really was a CHALLENGE!  Thanks Flaunt it Friday. I don't do sudokos, so your challenges are exercise for my brain. 

16 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Thanks for Flaunting it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is so cute!!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea! Love it! Love the story about your son! It will make a great memory!!Thanks for playing with us at Flaunting It Fridays!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just soooo cute! Love the ape on the inside!! Thank you for 'flaunting' your stuff at Flaunt It Fridays!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute. Clever use of window and love the monkey! Hope your hubby loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great job you did on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE this card! What a clever idea and it looks awesome!! Thanks for flaunting it with us at FIF!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it ;) so funny heehee. Also thanks for stopping by and commenting on my peachy keen post.
    -Katya

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome and creative of you love it! I like the glitter paper! I am glad we exercise your brain at FIF! lol! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only imagine how much time and fussy work went into making this wonderful card!!

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, that is really funny and creative. I have to try something like that sometime. Thanks for flaunting w/ us this week!

    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great project! The sparkly lips are just perfect and the card is so creative! I am sure your hubby will love it :) Way to flaunt it... thanks for joining us over at FIF this week.

    michelle (FIF DT)
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a hoot! The card AND your son are giving me a giggle this morning! Too stinkin' cute and creative! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOUR cared is to cute and so creative. I can only imagine with all the detail, how long it took you to create this card! Such a great take on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with Flaunt It Fridays!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete