Always glad to enter a Whimsical Wednesday. Their challenges are adding a lot of fun, and important stories to my albums. This is Fun with Colour Challenge #11.
I have been wanted to record Mr 3's funny habit for a year now.
For a long time when Drew was counting, he'd say... one two three four five six seffffennnn eight nine ten lemonnnnn. lol. It was adorable. So I have been waiting for a yellow challenge.
Except I knew I had ONE bit of paper which I had been saving for this lemon layout... I turned my scrap area upside down, inside out and back to front... do you think I could find the blasted sheet!!!??? Negative. So tomorrow I'll be dealing with a mountain of paper to re-sort and no doubt I'll find my page of lemons! Gah!
Stephanie at Whimsical Wednesday found this inspiration photo:
That is one awesome craft area!
So I stuck with only red, yellow and added the limey green in.
I used Mickey for one, Martha for 2, Elegant Edges and Robotz for 3, Seasonal Martha for 4, Hello Kitty for 5, 6 is Country Life? I think, 7 ??... not very helpful here am I?...
8 is Birthday Cakes,
9 is a butchered Ornamental Iron number, 10 was sumpin sumpin??? and lemon was Zooballoo. The actual lemon was from SCAL. The leaves were Accent Essentials. (Good ole Accent... it just keeps giving - it really is essential).
My gyspy says, 'PHEW. Too much cartridge hopping'.
Add some doodling, some Candi and my favourite Elegant Edges squiggle border cut. And I'm done.
I'm glad I scrapbook. The Little Mr has been such a naughty monkey today. I was soooo glad to see him in bed. But seeing his cute photos and some relaxing down time and it all washes away.
He is so cute in a Lemon million different ways.
Thanks Whimsical Wednesday for another awesome addition to my album. I love how it turned out and would never have chosen that mix on my own.




Such a great lay-out! He is so super sweet! I tore my craft room apart looking for my white gel pen one time... it is so frustrating to know you have something but can't find it! ( Now I own several!)
ReplyDeleteOh my your layout is sooo AMAZING!Fantastc job with the challenge and all the great details,"WOW" SUPER CUTE!!!Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday!!:)
ReplyDeleteWow! This layout is gorgeous!!! Love how the embellishments & colors really make the photos of that precious boy just pop.
ReplyDeleteFantastic job!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday.
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia
So adorable! I love reading your posts and your layouts are always fantastic!
ReplyDeleteWhat fabulous memories on a fabulous layout!! Good luck sorting out your paper, hope it goes quickly for you! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! Hugs, Cathryn :)
ReplyDeleteOh, how gorgeous is that he says lemon and seffen, and this is just the reason I scrapbook too, they say the most amazing things hey, I love your take on the inspirational pic, your layout is perfect with the colours you have used and your gorgeous boy's lemon....shirt goes perfectly too. Melxx
ReplyDeleteI have an award for you on my blog!
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwwwww love this precious layout of Drewby! The colours match that room inspiration perfectly! Elegant Edges...UMMMMMMMMMMM FAVE!!! :-p
ReplyDeleteThis absolutely adorable. Now, I would have never thought to use numerals from different cartridges. What a fabulous look it has given your LO. I started laughing when I read about the kind of day the little one has had. But aren't you delighted to have these cute photos of him. I know they just make your hear melt. Thank y ou so much for joining us this week at Whimsical Wednesday"s Challenge.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte
wow thank goodness for gypsys...imagine having to do it one cartridge at a time!!
ReplyDeletevery cute...my little man did the same thing when counting but he also said tree for 3 lol
Wow I love this the colours are so bright and strong and it looks like you captured the fun in the photos,
ReplyDeletehugs Bridget :0) x
What an adorable layout! Your colors are perfect for the challenge. And I love all the details! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!
ReplyDeleteAdorable LO!! I love how you did all the different carts for the numbers. Your story behind this layout is so darn cute!! Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a fantastic layout! I love the adorable things that kids say, and you captured it beautifully :) Thanks for playing over at Whimsical Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute layout, and super cute little guy! I want to know where I can get that Sumpin' Sumpin' cartridge! Love reading your posts. Like how you did the border using the Elegant Edges cart--don't you just love it?--Pat N.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh this is adorable!!
ReplyDeleteKacee
PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!! xxD
ReplyDeleteAwesome layout...love it. I am now a follower. TFS! ~Shen
ReplyDeleteThis is such a precious LO! I love the cuteness ~not a word I dont think :)~ you son has! You did a fab job with this weeks color challenge! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at Whimsical Wednesdays!
ReplyDeleteFinally got the internet back. Wow Chloe! Yup you have wowed me again. You always manage to turn such special memories into the most amazing pages. The pictures of you little one are so cute! He looks like such a fun little boy and quite the character...hmmm remind you of anyone???? I love the way you used different font for each of the number to add more interest. Love the doodling and the candies. What a wonderful job with this lO. Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays.
ReplyDeleteI can't remember if I posted on this page but I love love love love love this page!! How awesome is it, and it will be so wonderful for him to keep forever!!! Love it!
ReplyDelete