Over at Getting Cricky you'll find Simply Sunday challenge, to add a face to your project and a great message shining bright as a person and showing your fabulous self to the world.
I'm so happy I've learnt to live out loud. The good, the not-so-good, the quirky. I am who I am. Although I love praise, I never need any outside approval to keep smiling. Which is why I am posting this layout.
It's not my greatest, it is a weird concept, but it is an important story to tell and a very big meaningful event for my son each week.
Plus it gives me a giggle about my own thought processes. I have one of THOSE brains. It has annoying inner dialogue that never stays silent. It is not happy with just "challenge" "It wants superchallenge!" So my brain said,
"Cool challenge Kristal! - Face challenge. Easy. Lots of layouts planned that could use a face, but I reallllly want to do the McDonalds one...ooooooo I know... face... Ronald McDonald. Hahahaha that'd be hilarious. Peachy Keening up Ronald!!! LOL...Which PK stamp would I use? The New years ones? REVELATION: Maybe I'm the first person EVER to PK up Ronald...hahahaha who would know that? I know who WOULD know... PK DT member Stamping with Janice. ..she always visits my blog.I'm going to ask her. Poor Ronald... OH NO!!!! imagine Paperdolling him toooo!!!!! Ooooooooo And then using the packaging in the background....hahaha... MAKING FLOWERS OUT OF NAPKINS.... lolololol."
Having sufficiently amused myself in my own head... I had a problem. My simple face challenge turned into Superchallenge! I had 'up-sized' my challenge.
Used the packaging.
Made McFlurryflowers using the i-top and i-top punch
out of the napkins, cups and bags.
I doubt Imaginisce ever thought that would happen.
out of the napkins, cups and bags.
I doubt Imaginisce ever thought that would happen.
Not that I think there is a HUGE interest out there for tutorials on McDonalds napkins... in case you were wondering how to make a
McHappyChloe McCarnation with a McNakpin:
hahaha Just a little bit Fancy.
Please Janice, tell me -
I am the first EVER person to
Peachy Keen up a Ronald McDonald?
I did use the New Years Peachy Keen set in the end.
Such a fun challenge and
subsequent personal Superchallenge.
You put a smile on my face and my layout.
It's weird, it's me, and it's just a little bit Fancy!











This is great! i love all the mix of fonts and colors around one theme!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing at Getting Cricky
Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
craftingmisfit.blogspot.com
Superrrrrrrrrrr challenge!!!! You rrrrrrrrrocked this face challenge...you supersized it big time! I think you just have several companies a pisser for the day...not to mention the others having a coffee :-) love it!!! Drewbie will be loving this in his album as a reminder of special mummy time!
ReplyDeleteSOOO COOL!I LOVE your layout,AMAZING job with the Ronald McDonald,To CUTE!Great details and colors.Super job as always!!:)
ReplyDeletewowo!!! very cute!! love all the smiling faces!! love the way you added a pic of yourself in the review mirror!! very nice!! thanks for showing us how you did that flower!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Face It challenge!
kathy
GCDTM
www.scrappingfelkatz.blogpsot.com
Chloe this LO ROCKS! It made me Super Smile this morning :) I just love the feel of this LO and how it captures such a warm memory. Thanks for the flower tutorial too :) TFS and joining us at Getting Cricky this week!
ReplyDelete~Hugs~
Becky- Getting Cricky DTM
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com
Chloe, for as long as I've been a 'lurker' on your blog, I think this is definitely, without a doubt, my very favorite of your projects!! WOWZERS!! You definitely 'PKed' up my face with a BIG OLE SUPER-SIZED-SMILE!! :) I TOTALLY get why you had to do this layout -- I did a layout in my son's album from a trip to McD's for a Happy Meal last year... When he was EIGHTEEN!! It was a special day for us and worthy to be scrapbooked (I might have to post it now to show ya!)... Your little one will forever love this layout!! SUPER-SIZED-GREAT job, Chloe!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing your talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge this week!! :)
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Getting Cricky DTM
Your pages is so so so fun and makes me want a milkshake! Love your Ronald McDonald!
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny! I definitely think you are the first to Peachify Ronald McDonald. How awesome is that! I love your inner dialogue!! Your layout is so amazing. You think of everything. The rear view mirror, the flowers, and Ronald! AMAZING!!
ReplyDeleteChloe
ReplyDeleteAwesome project! I like how you scrapped your everyday routine. And it turned out really well! TFS
Great job and thanks for playing along with us.
Becka
Getting Cricky DTM
www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com
Such a sweet layout and that smile on his face is priceless :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely FANTASTIC! I have never enjoyed McDonalds as much as I just did. You rocked this LO! I am loving your blog and can't wait to see what you create next!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with Getting Cricky!
JulieK- Getting Cricky DTM
http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/
Girl, you are amazing! Your lay-out tells such an amazing story! I feel like I am with you on your special Thursday trip! Great work!
ReplyDeleteChloe, this is AMAZING! Love how you used the napkins and such...very creative and Ronald is totally ADORABLE! BTW, my Peachy Keens arrived. Can't wait to use them! Thank you so so much! xxxD
ReplyDeleteCHLOE!! You smart girl! I adore this layout from the unique Aussie "It's a Little Bit Fancy" packaging, the journaling of such a sweet tradition, and the Ronald McDonald. You are SO very creative! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I featured on our FB wall this morning. You rock!
ReplyDeleteAwesome page! You always add such fun details to your page! Keep it up! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is SO cool! It is the epitome of scrapping - using the napkins, food packaging, and the Ronald doll!!! Awesome way to tell this story! You may not think it's your best, but it sure does rock! Wow! I'm totally impressed!
ReplyDeleteadorable LO.
ReplyDeleteLove everything about it. The paper bag is great for the background.
But the flowers is what I like best.
I always save a napkin or two and a cup and plate and any little favors that can be added to a page.
I kept getting made fun of because I would get those items BEFORE the B-day party (so hey would be nice and clean)
The flower is a wonderful idea...I just love the idea of it. Thanks for sharing that because I am going to use it, if you don't mind!!
How cute is this! I love it, boy looks like alot of work. Great job! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteThank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs :),
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com
I just found your blog from a post on Facebook this layout is soooooo very cute what a great job
ReplyDeleteThis has to be the beast LO I have ever seen!
ReplyDeleteLori @ http://loriscraftyspot.blogspot.com/
New Follower
Your layouts are awesome Chloe......Love it. Your Ronald is very cool!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing!! I saw that PKS shared it on their FB page!! Way to go girl!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joing us this week for our Simply Sunday Challenge!!
Lots of Love,
Erika Getting Cricky DTM
Oh my, I absolutely love what you did with the McD's flowers!! Fabulous idea, and such a fun page. Thanks for the comment on my blog! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute! So many clever ideas, what a great layout!!
ReplyDelete