Thursday, June 16, 2011

Getting Cricky - Thanks for the little things

I love Getting Cricky with K Andrew. Her blog is always a great read. She is a humanitarian with inspiring messages. I am entering in her Simply Sunday Anything Goes Challenge, but instead of taking the easy road and linking up something/anything, I created something specifically for her challenge. 
Getting Cricky has a major theme through all her posts: Gratitude. I love, and live by being thankful too, so I thought I'd post about how my mind works each and every day. (Scary thought!)
 Each and every day, maybe 40 times a day, I consciously think 'Thanks' (THX) for the little things that make me happy.  When I moved out of my home recently, I forgot to take the one little thing that brings me joy, my white mug. 


So I just found one in my new town and I am so happy! It makes me the PERFECT sized coffee. The little mugs in my current home weren't cutting it!
 New i-gems are in the shape of tears/droplets. So I used gel pens to add rain action.


Even though I am surrounded in chaos sometimes, I still have a great life, I am very fortunate. Saying thanks for the small things can help anyone in dark sad place to re-emerge with a brighter outlook. 

I have also started a page on my blog where you can see my Daily THX... another reason to giggle and think about your own THXing. It really does make life more livable sometimes to practice saying THX. Click on the top THX tab to read more. or Click here to have a squizzy. 


Let me know in the comments box under the page which little things you give THX for everyday. 

This font is Sesame Street Sunny Days. Embossed and layered.


I LOVED creating the rainbow from bazzills. It was a bit of a challenge, but I worked it out and cut it all by hand drawing and an old tool of mine... scissors.

Thanks for a great challenge Getting Cricky! 


And thanks to all my bloggers. Your comments may be just little to you, but they mean a lot to me! 

THX for the little things. 


16 comments:

  1. LOL so funny and cute, love the layout!!
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for such a great layout....now im tempted to make one!!
    today im thankful for hubby doing the washing...its normally my job but i went scrapbooking all day ...thanks hubby for being the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent. This is such a fun layout. Such neat handwriting too! Love the puddle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lay-out is wonderful! Love all your little thanks! I always say thanks to my contact lenses! I am so glad that I can wear contacts which allows me to wear sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe, this is AWESOME, FANTASTIC, and really WONDERFUL!! I, too, am a 'thx' for the little things person -- It definitely makes the days much happier!! Today I said 'thx' that I was able to take a much needed day off of work to just 'be'... It also rained today, and we really needed that! My toes were cold, but my Toby-Dog came and sprawled across my feet, so I said THX for sure!!

    Now, before I write you a book here in the comments section, THX to YOU for taking the time to create such a fabulous and inspirational project and post...

    I sure am glad that you shared your talent at Getting Cricky with K Andrew this week!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing layout! love you are standing in your cup! your hand written boarder is perfect! TFS!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely phenomenal! You did a truly amazing job on this, I love the message and all the beautiful details :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so darn cool, love the bright colors. great job! Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is Amazing!Great job with all the details and colors,Cool project!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layout, the rainbow is awesome
    Becka
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chloe,

    I am super touched--often I come by challenge entries and don't even see a mention of my name or blinkie--then I come over here--and see this.
    You really really touched my heart--thank you so very much.
    I'm thankful for thoughtful people like you who realize that everyone likes to be well thought of.
    Thank you SO much for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew of Getting Cricky

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATULATIONS on winning Kristal's Simply Sunday Challenge, Chloe!! It is so deserved!! What an awesome project :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is just FABUPUS! Congrats on the win! And thank you for the Peachy Keens that arrived. I love them! And also thanks to my DH who has been cleaning up the monstrous yard through cold and rain and now 100 degree heat. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the win, Daisy! Cant wait to see what you create for the GDT spot! Woooooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on winning the Simply Sunday challenge. I am so excited to see what you will make for us. Please send your submission to me at dt.coor @ gmail dot com as soon as you get it done.
    Hugs
    Brenda Getting Cricky DTM-Coordinator

    ReplyDelete