I have followed her blog a while now. There is always fun challenges, lots of inspiration and many other crafty bloggers to meet there! I am so excited to be a part of presenting this weeks challenge to you!
Today's challenge is: Penned!
Using pens somehow in your project (gel pens, journaling pens, pens used in your diecut machines, etc). Remember it can be anything you desire as long as you use "pens" in your creation. I love hand drawing borders so I just had to make a layout of my son with his best friend with a squiggle!
I have always encouraged my children to look for and acknowledge good qualities about each person they meet. It was so gorgeous when Dean gave me this quote which became the title for my layout.
Speaking of pens, when Dean was telling me this, I had one old pen left in my car and I scrawled it down on an old receipt so I wouldn't forget his words. He said, "Mason is four times my friend. He is like having four friends but he's only one." Then he gave me the four reasons why he loved him. Oh so cute!
I used Kaisercraft Workbench paper from the Konstruct collection for the background and hand drew the border squiggle, the title into it and faux stitching in white around the entire edge.
The four little Mason's were made using plain bazzills then all the penning adds texture to the wooly clothes. I love the way the white gel pen works for a knitted jumper. So cute!
I used Boy Mates face stamps from Peachy Keen and I always add white gel pen to make the eyes come alive. (Apart from the bruised one of course - Ouch!)
When you make something cute with any stamps, I fully recommend cutting out double shapes, and making a cute stamp storage from an old music Cd case... that way you can store them easy and also see exactly what the stamps look like stamped before you choose to use it.
Sometimes polymer stamps are hard to visualise unless I see a stamped version.
These warm rugged up cozy boys are so cute I could cut them and pen them a million times!
Thanks Getting Cricky with K Andrew for this wonderful opportunity to Guest Design and such a great layout to add to my album.
A little OZ giveaway to celebrate my Guest Design spot! If you love Kristal's Getting Cricky, then you are my kind of scrapper! Leave me a comment here and follow too, at the end of the challenge I'll give away one of these gorgeous Couture Creation embossing folders. They are only available in Australia so it is something new to add to your scrap stash!
I hope you join the Pen challenge this week! Head back over to Getting Cricky with K Andrew, see the awesome Design Team work and link up your project by July 2nd! I can't wait to see what you create.






This is absolutely wonderful. How sweet of Dean to tell you what to use on the layout.don't kids just say the most awesome things. What a sweetheart he must be. Love all the pen work. It came together wonderfully. I am so excited you got to share it this week!!
ReplyDeleteYour page is adorable! The drawing you did on the clothes really makes them look realistic. You did a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Chloe! Your layout is so so adorable! Love Dean's cute saying and your border is sooo gorgeous! Love those mates and the clever way you store your Peachy Keens! xxD
ReplyDeleteChloe, this LO is so adorable. Love your squiggle border and words you penned. And all the boy's sweaters and hats came alive with your penned designs. Just super!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us this week Chloe! This layout is absolutely adorable. I love how you used your son's own words. This is something that he'll be able to cherish forever.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Getting Cricky Family!
JulieK-Getting Cricky DTM
http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/
You did an awesome job on the challenge and thank you so very much for being our Guest Designer. I just love all your penned work.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea about the cd cases also
Hugs
Brenda Getting Cricky DTM
http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com
CONGRATS on your GDT position!!!! Gorgeous work and I love those photos!! Take care :))xx
ReplyDeleteAaaaaaaw! Chloe he's gorgeous!!! :D I taught my boys it is cool to hug your mates, but they've grown out of it know. Fantastic layout, Getting Cricky are lucky to have you onboard :D XXX
ReplyDeleteThis is so fabulous! You are so deserving of this design spot!!! I love this for Dean's album! Such a great memory of a fun friend!
ReplyDeleteLove this one Chloe. I am so glad Mason has such a good friend in Dean. I think they will be life long mates.
ReplyDeleteYour layout is ADORABLE!Fantastic job with all the great details and LOVE the little boys you made with the PK faces,Too CUTE!And the photos are sooo SWEET!AMAZING job as always!!:)
ReplyDeleteawesome. Thank you for the idea of the cd case. I have a lot of these. I so LOVE this LO.. so stinkin adorable!!! I do too LOVE PKS - I am a buyer of faces.... just love my faces!
ReplyDeleteparkernana5@cox.net
Wow Chloe, your layout is awesome. Love all of the detail you created with your doodles. Sooooo cool! Love it! TFS!
ReplyDeleteHi Chloe,
ReplyDeleteSuper fun and adorable layout...very, very nice. You did a fantastic job. TFS! ~Shen
Chloe! What an awesome layout!! Love it! thanks for sharing your talent and for the "exclusive" giveaway!
ReplyDeleteesigmon at cox dot net
omgosh that is way too cute love that layout!!
ReplyDeleteKathy
GCDTM
http://scrappingfelkatz.blogspot.com
Love Love Love it. The quote is just perfect and the story it will always share is sp great! Wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHi Chloe,
ReplyDeleteYour layout is so cute and you put a lot of time into it. Awesome Job! I love how you made the childrens faces look so real and the scripture around the layout is great.
Becka
Getting Cricky DTM
Wow! Your layout is incredible. I love the border you penned and the quote from your son is adorable. I am a new follower.
ReplyDeleteKelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com
Great to have you as a guest designer! I love how you usedd the wording on your LO!
ReplyDeleteRebecca
Getting Cricky DTM
craftingmisfit.blogspot.com
Great idea with the CD case.
ReplyDeleteWowza Cloe! This LO is amazing! All of the penned details and the story behind the LO so cute :)
ReplyDelete~Hugs~
Becky Getting Cricky DTM
www.squirlygirlcreations.bloggspot.com
Oh Chloe,
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the most precious layouts I have ever seen! Such beautiful photos! You are so gifted!
Hugs, Janice