Monday, June 6, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday Fun in the Sun Challenge!

Second post today! Phew. When you are on a roll, climb a hill, curl up and roll faster I say... 

Whimsical Wednesday is one of my favourite challenge blogs, they give you two weeks to complete each challenge and every challenge adds something great to your album. This week's is Fun in the Sun. 

BBTB2 is also having a Clouds Challenge! I'm entering that, too!

Fun in the Sun is a weird one for me. My two sons have a rare type of albinism and generally hate the sun, but they are very good at self management and enjoy many days under the shady sunshine. 

The clouds are cut from Zooballoo. (I don't own Pooh and Friends) They are a double and single cloud that are weird shapes, so I layered them for a Cumulus effect.  I inked the bottom of the clouds with Stormy Sky ink and the top of the clouds with Mustard Seed so that it looked like the sun was shining on top.

They really enjoy days when it is overcast and the 'sun shines above the clouds'. 

I made my own funky sunglasses stamp! Lol. You'll never believe how. Scrap supplies rue the day they came home with me. Most have have called their union saying, "Chloe's making us do jobs other than our purpose!"

Kindy Glitz puff white complains today: Use it to draw some sunnies on a piece of acrylic...  
Let it dry, add another layer. Let it dry. 
Use Double sided tape to stick it onto acrylic mounting block.
I used Peeled Paint Distress ink to stamp it on. 

(You know how actresses say the camera adds ten kilos of weight? Well, my camera adds ten kilos of dirt to my pretty blue mat... and acrylic block! Eeeekkkk!!!)
VOILA! Funky Sunnies! It would look great as a personalised sign off on a letter! Just like acrylic you can wipe it off with a baby wipe and use again. 

My other new distraction is Candi! I got some in a prize from Scrappy Go Lucky and I'm in love. 
 The little sheets of tiny pre-cut foam poppers are worth it alone! I'm not good at cutting itsy bitsy bits, so this is PERFECT! I'm going to ordering a tonne! Plus the Candi itself looks great!
 I wrote on the Candi with permament thin marker for little letters...oh so cute.
They really do look like mini m&m's. The word sun below is from a Technique Tuesday stamp set that I borrowed from Carlene. (Oops -had it wayyyyy toooooo looooonnnnnggggg and now my cover will be busted when she sees my blog! EEEEEEeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!) 
Not that she will care. That's why I celebrated our friendship in the post below. We don't keep score because it's never been a competition. We just work! (hahaha... is that enough to keep these stamps a little longer Daisy!?) 

Thanks for fun challenge Whimsical Wednesday!

Thanks also to Bitten by the Bug2! 



17 comments:

  1. DL wont mind you "stole" the stamps lol MEANWHILE re: your layout! So love the colours and the style and those CANDI things are fabulous!!! I must go order some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe...this is a fabulous LO! I love those candi's...where can I order them?
    Thanks for sharing your "homemade" stamp!! It came out adorable!!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at Whimsical Wednesdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment :DX How on earth do your boys cope with that ozzy sunshine???? I wear my "sunnies" all the time in England, but I think I'd really struggle over there(no I'm not albino, just a bit light sensitive. I can actually see better in the dark mwahahaha)
    Beautiful layout! I just started scrapping again after a long break, will have to go check out that challenge site XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a beautiful job with this layout!The detials are soo COOL and I love the Candi they are soo FUN!Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Jessica, Not sure where else they are available but Mandy has a huge range for $4 a packet and $2.25 for the little foam adhedsives. I know SGL will post international too. It wouldn't be too much postage for these light things. See link below.

    http://www.scrappy-go-lucky.com.au/shop/embellishments/card-candi/embellishments-card-candi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey my Australian friend! Once again you did amazing. Everything about this LO is perfect. I really love the title and that it came straight from your little guy. I was so touched by it. Totally made me smile. I just ordered up a bunch of those candies. They have them here in the US I found them online. I loved them so much the last time you used them. You are brilliant to make your own homemade stamp. I got your e-mails and I want to say thanks. I have so much to say so just need to find the time to sit and relax and write back. Thanks again for another submission over at WW. Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super, super cute, Chloe! the title is as precious as can be! Love the candies, I'll be on the lookout for those as well, and I can see why you love that stamp set you're borrowing from Carlene. Love how you've layered your clouds. Thanks for playing along with BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a FABULOUS layout! I love how you did the title and the "candy"! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun lay-out! Love the title and great papers! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2, DT Member Carri :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is terrific! I really like how you did the journaling strips, the sun, the shades...such cute elements. The photos are highlighted so well by your paper & special touches. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday.
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just an all around darling darling LO...with lots of fun things to look at, a cute story to read and a precious child to see .. Thanks for joining us at our BBTB2 challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful!!! Excellent job on the challenge. Your little boys are adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chloe,
    Well you did it again! I love the whole page! I love how you journaled, the story ( so innocent) and how you made those glasses. You always come up with the best ideas and your execution is just incredible! Thanks for always inspiring and playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fab layout. Love what how you made the sunglasses and the title just sets the page off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!...this page is amazing! I absolutely love how you made the title and that it came from your son. you are so creative to make your own stamp. I love it!! Great job on another challenge and thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow!! so many wonderful elements on your layout.. Love the brads and you did an amazing job coordinating all of the colors!! thnx for playing along with us girls over at Whimsical Wednesdays..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh gosh...this is SO fun! Really!
    I am so awful late at commenting but was on vacation....
    Anywho...love the details on this SO much and the photo's can't help you but make you smile!

    Hugs, Leah

    ReplyDelete