Thursday, June 30, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday - Get well Little Man.




Whimsical Wednesday Challenge #13 is to make a project to for Angelo. I have been following Margie form Bella Bug Creations for a while now and happily made this card to wish her little grandson, Angelo a speedy recovery. You can read more about Angelo's story on Margie's blog here.
This card comes with a detachable personalised spinner, because I know little Angelo will show the world that little boys just never run out of puff. 

If you take off the large brad, the spinner completely detaches.

Hospitals can be such a boring place for little boys. I should know. I have two boys with a rare genetic condition and we have hours of appointments every month with different specialists, most of it spent in waiting rooms. 

Sometimes something as simple as this little spinner can be enough to distract a tired, grumpy boy for five minutes and help relax his mood. 
I used Bo Bunny Blast OFF! paper and cut the little characters out like digi stamps. In the astronaut I cut a window, used peach bazzill to create a little face using Peachy Keen Baby Face assortment pack. 

And a little present from me wouldn't be complete without my trademark:
Such a meaningful idea for a challenge Whimsical Wednesday, Thank you!
   Wishing Margie and family all energy and love they need to help Angelo get better and enjoy playing spaceships again. Enjoy your spinner little man, if only for one little distracting minute. 
Take care of the koala Angelo! xx


17 comments:

  1. Chloe, Absolutely stunning...love it. So very cool and fun1 I am sure he will love it, I sure do. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chloe, this is just darling! Love that the little pinwheel comes off and the design is adorable! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chloe, thanks for your sweet comments on my shoe card. I'm loving it too! This project you did for Angelo is wonderful. You are so thoughtful and kind. Such a terrific idea to include the pinwheel for him to play with. It touches my heart as I'm sure it will his and his grandmother's. That is just so nice!--Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chloe!! I know Angelo will LOVE this! It is so "over the moon" adorable!!
    I love this paper pack and love that you added that super cute PKS face. Beautiful job!!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at Whimsical Wednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so over the top fantastic, Chloe, it brought tears to my eyes! What a perfect card for a sick little boy! The love and thought you put into this is just amazing! Angelo and his grandma will LOVE this! I am headed to my craft room now to work on my card for Angelo...thank you for the inspiration :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of this world fantastic!!! I love that the card also has something for him to play with. This card is so totally perfect and I'm sure Angelo is going to love it!! Great Job on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous job you did on this get well card. Everything is just perfect! Such creative and thoughtful ideas you have! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chole, Your card is soooo cute and different. I love how you think out of the box and challenge yourself. Thanks for the inspiriation.
    P.S I am patiently waiting for the fed ex man.
    Talk to you soon. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just the coolest card ever! I love that it's ineractive and the brad and his name are such a great touch! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah I am crying. This card is amazing Chloe. You put so much thought into it and even added things that can detach so he play with it. You made this so much fun and Angelo and his family is going to love it. The loving and caring person that I know in you is poured all over this card. Thank you so much for joining us this week, I appreciate it so much. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You outdid yourself. I love the theme but perhaps even more the pinwheel, so super cute! This interactive, well designed card sure to bring a smile to Angelo's face & some much needed cheer. Wonderful job!!!
    Crafty best,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chloe, this card is awesome! You put so much thought into it and I'm sure Angelo is going to be thrilled with it! I'm happy you added the little detachables to it too! I was planning on adding some "extras" to my card also because I know how much joy those little touches add! I'm sure this is going to bring a big smile to his face!!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is out of this world! I love how how cut the characters out of the paper and the little spinner is a marvelous idea. Wow!

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, Chloe! What a fantastically fun card! Looks like a great adventure! I just love the added excitement of the pinwheel and how extra sweet to add one of those koalas! Super fun! Thank you so, so much!!!
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh WOW Chloe!AWESOME job with Angelo card!It is sooo flippin' cute,I LOVE all the SUPER detials.Just amazing work girl!Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chloe, this card is absolutely jam-packed with all things happy for sweet little Angelo... not to mention a whole bunch of love! He's going to LOVE this! Exquisite! So happy to be on WW with you! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete