Sunday, June 12, 2011

Frosted Designs Stitching Challenge.

Over at Frosted Designs they have a Stitching challenge. But before I start- I must warn you, I am tired... I get a bit loopy when I’m tired so who knows where this post will go! But I was so excited about sharing my layout, so I’m here. Committed to posting it.
 What better way to celebrate a good stitch than the day before my caesarean!  Lol.   

 Trust me, 10 lb 5halfoz babies leave a LOT of stitches, but luckily my doctor didn’t use a Sew Easy... he was a master stitcher-up-er-er. Anyway, I’m digressing quite awkwardly here. Ewww...

 We used to joke that baby Drew built an extra room and started making a rocket. He seemed to have twice as much space as other babies.  But then my little boontabubba arrived. 10 pound 5 and a half oz (AND I am not rounding that down for anyone! I carried it, I can claim it. Lol...).  *eeeekkk Digressing!*

So I used the new DCWV Immortal Love pack and one of my favourite tools: Sew Easy.
 It is actually one product that does live up to it’s name. It really is sooooo easy. (*Stop posting Chloe! You are going to ruin it!*)
OOOOOO isn't that a pretty sight.  

Actually I wish caesarean docs did have Sew Easy’s! It would be nice to have a cute daisy shaped scar... * SSSTTOOOPPPPP digressing and GO to BED woman!*
Did you know that looking at awe inspiring layouts can make your eyes blurry? Just kidding. This pic is fuzzy. Don't race off to the Optometrist. *Seriously tired*

The heart and love stitch heads are just gorgeous. I really wanted to add a tiny i-gem to each of the stitch joins but it looked way too much bling, so I stuck to just one in the top of the hearts.  The word 'love' is surprising easy to follow with stitching too.

The very next day, a ten pound, five AND A HALF oz bundle of pure love landed in my arms. He was, and still is, such a gift of love and laughter to our family. 

Thanks for a great challenge Frosted Designs


Phew, thanks bloggers. You made it to the end of me and my inner dialogue. I’m going to bed now I promise!  



8 comments:

  1. Super adorable! Your lay-out is great and so are your photos! I think I need this So easy tool!
    Woowzer big baby compared to my 6.12 ouncer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and great story. God Bless you for having a 10 lb plus baby. TFS with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! he was a little heffalump wasnt he! thankfully all my babies were not huge...they all seemed the same 3.3kg mark which was plenty for me!
    tempted to go buy some more sew easy heads now that ive seen what the heart & love ones look like :)
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout - I had a friend who a had 10+ pound baby. Great way to incorporate stitching! Thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job with your layout!Super details and colors!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos and layout! He is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout but HOLY MOLEY! He was one BIG BABY! YIKEs! Sure craving that sew easy! Love the love stitching! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your LO and your story. You are so good about scrapping the best photos and such important times. LOVE the sewing. I have the Sew easy and thought I had all the heads but I just ran over to check and I dont have those ones. They must of came out with a brand new batch. I LOVE those papers girl. And you look beautiful. I can totally tell you were carrying a boy...all belly:) CRACKED up when you said about him making a spare room. Another great post, LO, and adorable pic of your son:)

    ReplyDelete