Thursday, July 21, 2011

Scrap the Boys - or tape em up!

Scrap the Boys have a 'Tape' challenge on at the moment. FUN! And also to use the word PLAY. 

What a fitting challenge... When my two spunky monkeys are playing so loudly... I often think of gaffa tape! JUST KIDDING.  



Scrappy Go lucky has this Tim Holtz 'Traveller' tissue tape in a two style pack. Love it! 


I made a ribbon style frill border with it:
 By using a thin file, I folded little bits down against eachother. It was fun and looks effective. 

 Then I made the small flower embellie up the top by pretending it was normal ribbon and just folding it around in a circle, except tape cooperates much more easily than ribbon because it sticks. 








Then you can stamp it, ink it, tear it, write on it - you name it... you can do it. 

Ok, except putting it across noisy boy mouths'. You can't do that.  






 Such a great but simple layout to make! 

However my switched off cricut is offended. 

Thanks Scrap the Boys for a fun challenge! I can not believe I made such a great layout with just tissue tape and two bits of paper!  


**********************************************************
A reminder to join the fun at Whimsical Wednesday! 
We are having a 'Use Your Scraps Challenge'
It's not my design week but I'll be back in your blogger dashboard soon with my version! 
Click HERE to join the fun!
********************************************************************

NEWS FROM JACOB and the HOT BLOG HOP!
He is having a Give away with Traci before he heads over to keep Popsicle Toes warm!

Click Here to see his capers and a chance to win!

13 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh!!! This LO is so AWESOME Chloe! You rocked that tape! I love the way you did the title stamped on it and those pics are fabulous! Great job!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the traveller tissue tape it looks great to use and your pictures made it look so easy. Your layout is lovely I like all the little sentiments that you came up with to sit the photos and the combination of the papers and tape looks awesome. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe, such an adorable layout. Awesome! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Love the pictures of the boys - so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun lay-out and adorable photos! I just picked up the same tape and now can't wait to use it!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that page looks great. the tape is so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for letting me know I won, over at frosted design. I just got this tissue tape and used it for the first time yesterday isn't it fun
    I love your layout. The flower is super.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layout, Chloe! That tissue tape looks like it is fun to use.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl. I can believe what an amazing LO you made with tissue tape and a sheet of paper. Your creativity is never ending:) Love it. Your boys are soooo sooo cute. They look just as happy and fun as you are. I can tell they have mom's personality. Thanks for being such an awesome team member too with always posting about the challenge. It means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tape, (and as usual) hadn't seen it before!! Love that you caught the real personality of Drew, what a cutie!! A mischievous cutie, haha! Inspired once again, thank you Chloe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chloe,GREAT job with your AMAZING layout!JUST FANTASTIC with all the gorgeous details and sweet little boys,To CUTE!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo cute! I have that tape and haven't dne a thing with it. Wowsers, this is fab! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those photos are so precious! I love how you capture such wonderful moments and scrap them so beautifully! You are so talented Chloe and so fun!

    ReplyDelete