Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday Movement Fun

Hi Everyone! 
I am so excited to be on the Design Team for 
Whimsical Wednesday

This week's challenge is INTERACTIVE FUN - Add some movement into your project.  

My son has a Handy Manny Interactive clock book he is obsessed with and we read it every night! I couldn't help but plan a layout. But then... something happened that made scrapping this event BETTER!!! Drew was singing Baa Baa black sheep and this is what he sang: 
hahahahahahaha lololololol *grab the camera* hahahaha... 
He really is obsessed.
My children are scrap pages just waiting to happen!

Asked him to sing it again, with his Handy Manny shirt on... See his singing photo above... oh so cute.

So I copied the characters from the book. Turned some colouring in pages into SCAL files. Made sure the tools could actually move. Cut them onto chipboard, covered it in bazzills and then added detail, layers and eyes. Handy Manny was a mix of Photoshop and watercolours.
 I also added the look of movement with curvy lines and wonky character shapes.
He got a few of the words wrong, but it's his version at this point in time and such a precious thing to remember.
 'Squeeze' can open and shut.
 The orange tool has a mouth that slides open and shut. 
Then there's the little tool box where the Saw and Screwdriver come out. 


Drew loves reading his scrapbooks in bed each night too, so I thought this would be the perfect way to let him play with his layout and they are sturdy enough to survive the experience.  He even tried to unscrew the embellishment screws. Lol.


The cute sheep face and tool eyes are 
done with Peachy Keen Stamps. 


Now my only problem was keeping his hands off it long enough to get a photo of the double layout!



There you go!


Now wiggle, jump, squeeze and hop your way over to Whimsical Wednesday to see some more interactive fun and join this weeks challenge!

This week Kimberly from My Craft Spot is our sponsor. She has donated a $15.00 gift certificate to her store. Thanks Kimberly!
The winner of my Peachy Keen giveaway for the Whimsical Wednesday Blog Hop is Turquesadotstudio!
Congratulations on your win, email me your address using my contact button in my profile.  

Click here to go to Whimsical Wednesday.

26 comments:

  1. OMG Chloe!!
    This is absolutely the cutest LO! I love all the tools and the movement they do! Very well done!!
    Your son is so super cute and I love the excitement he has looking and playing with his LO!
    Again excellent job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is unbelieveable, I LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Chloe great job on this!!! This one page will keep your son busy for a long time!!! Awesome details! Hugs, CAthryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you kidding me...awesome.

    Just awesome. i have so not gotten into SGV files now...i am thinking maybe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe, you are absolutely amazing!! Are you Wonder Woman? That layout is super duper, unbelievably freakin' out of this world, over the top fabulous!!!!!!!! You never cease to amaze and amuse me. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cute and lots of work, I'm sure..LOL I too have SCAL but have never ventured out to actually create anything magical with it like you have with this layout and your son must of loved it.. *his big smile gave it away..LOL
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, you probably just won the Mom of the YEAR award! This is so cute and interactive, I can see why he doesn't want to leave it alone. Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! This just blows my mind. I love all of the fabulous elements you have put into this. how funny the rhyme is that he says. This is just a perfect way to preserve a great memory. I cannot imagine how many hours this took to make. All of the interactive pieces are so cute. It is absolutely fabulous down to every detail.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun LO Chloe...how great that he actually gets to play with it...That makes it even more priceless....Love it!

    And....YAY,YAY thanks so much for the Peachy Keen Stamp set I won on the Blog Hop....Can't wait to play with them....:-) Evy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a wonderful project. Hats off to you!
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chloe, you never cease to AMAZE me! I've never heard of Handy Manny but now I'm gonna be singin' that song all day long with Drew's words. So super duper cute and the interactive elements are definitely a hit!! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chloe,Your layout is WAY TO CUTE and COOL!I just LOVE everything about it!AMAZING job!And LOVE Handy Manny To!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Chloe!!! How cute is this!! You are so creative! I love all the pictures of him playing with his page! You can't buy something that awesome! It is priceless! I drive my husband nuts everytime I grab my camera during any day events and say, "that's a scrapbook page"! It's just a state of mind! Fantastic job on the interactive elements!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness, what a truly awesome layout. Great Job! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay questions first...How did you turn coloring pages into cut files..and what are Bazzils. Now onto the LO. Fantastic. No detail is missed on this one and I love how the tools pull out, and one with a sliding mouth...OMG! So genius. You always amaze me with your LO. Your son is so cute, and he looks like he is having so much fun playing with his page. Fantastic job with the challenge. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, you are so fabulously talented, Chloe!! Wow, this is AMAZING! All of it! The pictures are so awesome! LOVE THIS!! :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW WOW WOW! Your are AMAZING! This layout is totally awesome! I love how all the tools move and you can tell that your little boy adores it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is for sure the coolest Layout I've ever seen!!! I love how all the tools move and that they come out of the tool box. Also your little boy is so darn cute!! I love how you put the words of the song on the LO the way he sang them. It is going to be so fun when he gets older to see that. Absolutely amazing job on this challenge!! Tfs and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super adorable!!! I love his version of the song...so dang cute! This really is an adorable layout!!! I just love all your interactive elements!!! And how great that you turned images into SVG files!!! TFS
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, Chloe.. is is absolutely fantastic! I don't think this could be any more interactive than you made it.. and I LOVE how sturdy you made it so your little guy can play with it to his heart's content! Not only in this a fun LO, but it's so personalized and special. I love everything about this. :o)

    Hugs and blessings! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! Chloe this is amazing love love love and interactive so that is can be used. The colours are really appealing and I love the song such a precious memory. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, wow, wow! This is amazing, Chloe. You really outdid yourself with this layout.


    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thia ia fabo! I love the look of pure joy on Drew's face. How special that his page is so tactile and that he is allowed to touch and play. Not just a page to put away for the future. This is what Scrapbooking should be about. Those priceless song lyrics too....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me but Handy Manny wool is a very real tool! lol! Love your lil man! This layout is so frickin cool! matches your lil Drewbie so well... and the moving toys are so fantastico! Si - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is priceless!! I love the photos of your son singing! Your boys are lucky to have such an amazing mom! I love Drew's version of the song! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. holy smokes this is fabulous! such a cute story too :) xx

    ReplyDelete