Saturday, July 9, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday Blog Hop!

It's here!!!! YAY!!!!
Welcome to the Whimsical Wednesday Blog Hop. 

You should have arrived here from Shelly's 'Cards by Shelly' blog. If you just happened to drop by my blog then please head to the Whimsical Wednesday blog HERE and start at the beginning of the hop.  There is lots of prizes and blog candy along the way! Plus the Grand Prize is a Gypsy!

For this hop we have all made banners and wall decor that will be sent to a nursing home to brighten the walls and the faces of the people living there. Read more about this on the link at Whimsical Wednesday. 


I decided to make a couple of easy lightweight 6 x 4 photo hangers that can hang on a door knob or a wall hook.

Great grandmothers, grannies, poppies, omas, nonnas, nannies and all forms of 'life experts' love seeing endless photos of the new generations. So I thought this could be an awesome way to make a photo display where photos can be changed easily and often. 





I cut seven frames from Storybook using my Gyspy to squash it into a rectangular shape, then I used a sheet of acetate to make the folder part where the photos will sit. 
The acetate sheet only comes half way up the back so that the photo can be pulled out and changed easily. 
 I then used the crop-o-dile to place eyelets in each side, securing the acetate and giving me something to thread twine through to hang.



I used a range of Cindy Loo characters using mix and matched colours. I got the inspiration for my colours from my mums Russian Dolls.  

I doodled over each frame with mixed colours and distress inked the edges. Keeping all the decorations to a minimum and simple so they don't distract from the photo focus.



I used acrylic twine to thread frames on in a balanced way and then covered a craft popstick to centre the hanging. Some gorgeous ribbon from Spotlight set the top of it off! 

What do you do with the left over length of acetate acrylic sheets? Make perfectly shaped minicheesecakes of course!

Then hang the lightweight display anywhere, and sit back, relax with some yummy cheesecake and watch the grandchildren grow and grow!



Thanks for checking out my 6 x 4 photo display!

*****************************************




Check out these prizes from our generous Blog Hop sponsors!

Patsy from the Prairie Bird Boutique 
*Your choice of one bundle of Shabby Crinkle Ribbon

Babette from The Kraft Outlet 


The Kraft Outlet has generously donated their “Inspiration Play Pack”
This is a collection of The Kraft Outlet's top selling items valued at over $45. The play pack comes with 10 yards each of the red and brown baker’s twine, an assortment of 50 of the plain and grungy tags, an 8 sheet assortment of their cardstock and text weight papers, an 8 envelope assortment, one sheet of Kraft labels, a set of their vintage dictionary pages, 1 yard of black twill tape and a CD full of 100 graphics and backgrounds.
In addition the Kraft Outlet is offering 10% off all purchases made during the ENTIRE  month of July. All you need to do is enter the code JULY10 at checkout. 





Stephanie has donated the Grand Prize for this Blog Hop which is a Gypsy! In order to qualify for the Grand Prize you must leave a comment on each of the designers blogs. At the end of the hop please return back to the Whimsical Wednesday Blog to leave a comment saying that you finished the hop and left a comment under all our posts. The blog hop will run through to Sunday and end at Midnight.

PLUS!!! I'll be giving away some extra Whimsical treats! If you follow both Whimsical Wednesday and me, leave a comment here saying you follow both blogs, I'll give one lucky winner some Peachy Keen Boy Mates Faces stamps!   

Thank you for joining us for the Whimsical Wednesday blog hop. Your next stop is Amber at My 3 E Scrapbooking.


Enjoy the rest of the hop and all the brilliant DT work!

 

77 comments:

  1. Hi Chole,
    I love your photo hangers. I would love to make something like this. Following your blog now and look forward to seeing more of your creations!

    Sandy
    http://thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Chloe, these are ABSOLUTELY beautiful and perfect. What a great way for them to showcase some treasured moments. It is also a perfect way for them to personalize their hanging. I LOVE these! Oh yes, and I'll take one of those cheesecakes too ;). Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really crafty...I love this idea and will have to give this a try..such cute photos too.

    pookie
    scraptaculardesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic! I LOVE the idea:) They will just adore having these!! Thanks for the directions~I may have to scraplift this:) TFS! I am a new follower of your and so thrilled to see more from you! I hope you stop by my blog for a visit too:) Thanks for a chance to win:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    jskoning at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS!!!!!! Such a creative and beautiful idea! I am so inspired - I have 2 grandmas that would adore these! Plus, your cheesecake looks devine. :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! What a great idea!! I love how they lace together. Its awesome! Thanks for sharing!!

    cherie.goyer at gmail.com
    http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a terrific idea and you decorated it so beautifully! I don't trust my doodles, but yours are great! I love that you brought in cheescake to this too. Hilarious! :) Melanie
    http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing!!! I love everything about your project!! The cuts are fabulous and the details are perfect! Thanks for the inspiration and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! That would be good for mother's day, too :)

    kteachone@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chloe, these photo hangers are so fantastic!! Wow, you did such a great job! They are so creative and just beautiful! Awesome, awesome project...LOVE it :D

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chloe, this is AMAZING! It is such an incredible idea! I love the colors and I'm sure these are going to be loved! Thanks for the cheescake too, now I'm having a snack attack...hehe!
    Have a good day!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, that is so adorable very pretty photoframe hangers, great Job!!!!

    alvinadiaz@msn.com
    alvinascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I really like your wall hanging....This is so very practical and it looks so so pretty...Great details yet simple....Loving it! I liked your blog and will follow it...I am already following WW. Very new to this blog world but loving how these blog hops help to discover all of you fellow crafters. oops can't find the follow section, will be back to try again...TFS, Evy
    http://turquesadotstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Chloe

    Love the photo displays! Great idea and love how you tied it all together (literally!) to make it something gorgeous! I am - as you know - your follower and a follower of Whimsical Wednesday, thanks for the chance to win some PK stamps!

    Love your entry, TFS! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!! This is fantastic!!!! I really LOVE these adorable photo hangers...and so will one lucky lucky person! They are so nicely constructed and so dang cute!!!! Awesome job!!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what beautiful photo hangers. You did a great job! The cheesecake looks very yummy too!

    scrappindhilly at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful! Someone is going to be so happy to receive this. Everyone loves have pics of their family to showcase. TFS.

    Candace
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This project is awesome for a nursing home! Space is such a premium! I am a new follower and and I follow Whimisical Wednesday also!
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely and I love the personal touch in that they could put pictures of their family and friends -
    I am now a follower and look forward to returning and seeing what else you come up with!
    http://scrappin3angel.blogspot.com/
    nmteachpdg{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Chloe. My husband and I just found your site and we love it. We especially LOVE the Jacob blog hopping post. We wish we would have seen in back in March when you had your "Jacob Contest". The reason being is because my husband actually works at Cricut and designed the Campin' Critter's cartridge. We would love to have Jacob come visit the Provo Craft/Cricut Headquarters in South Jordan, Utah. Jacob could be a great help around the office and maybe even meet Cricut himself. Let us know what you think of this idea! Elizabeth & Curt elizabethbjensen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chloe, this project is gorgeous and perfect! I love this idea and plan on making it myself... thank you for the inspiration. :o) Such a beautiful way to display special memories when space is limited. Beautiful work! (And lovely mini cheesecake, too!) ;)

    Hugs and blessings! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh My Gosh Chloe,I LOVE your project!It is sooo Flippin' CUTE,FANTASTIC job with ALL the SUPER details and AMAZING idea!LOVE it sooo MUCH!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful idea! The residents will surely love this!! Welcome to the Whimsical Wednesday DT! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun project! This is definitely going on my to do list. Your photo displays turned out fabulous!!!

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really love this project, what a great idea for a nursing home, basically any home! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is beautiful! I love your idea, and I know this is going to make someone smile for sure... what a wonderful project! Thank you so much!
    Lisa
    summer_sunset54@hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. chloe what a super project! you rocked this one for sure :) this is going to make someone very happy to display their photos in where they can see them everyday :) way to go :) hugs shelly

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Your project is just amazing! I love them both and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the great instruction! I really want to make one, I just have to figure out away to attach it since I do not own a crop-o-dile. Now you got me thinking. Tfs! I am a new follower of your blog and look forward to many more wonderful post!
    jennyplace26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super fab idea, Chloe! Adorable hangers and so functional and fun! Love seeing pix of your family! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, this is a great idea and they are so cute with the critters on there. I am already a follower of you and Whimsical Wednesdays. Thanks for the chance to win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an amazing project! I absolutely love them. So cute and fun and a great way to share personal photos. I'm so excited to be joining this design team!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love it. simply beautiful.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love This Photo Hanger! I think it's great that you can change out the photos! Someone will LOVE this!! I'm a new follower & following Whimisical Wednesdays as well!! Excited to come back and check out more of your creations!!

    Blessings,
    Tina

    www.craftyandgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your project is both beautiful in presentation and in idea. I love it and I am sure the person who gets it will love it. I am a new follower of you and whimsical Wednesday.
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. How absolutely adorable, and bright, and cheery!!!!
    What a wonderful idea, and i know will be very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a clever way to make a photo hanger. Love how this turned out. I am following you and Whimsical Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Loving your work as always.
    I am following too!!!

    Fi X

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is SO CUTE! And what an AWESOME idea to place pictures in there that they can change out! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  39. So clever Chloe! Bravo my friend!! Love this idea!
    Shelly
    Smedina24@att.net
    Mypaperlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. That is brilliant!! love that the photos can be changed at anytime and I love the cindy Loo cart.. super cute dye cuts and I always say, Scrapbooking has its perks and for you its the cheesecake..Mmmmmm :)
    hugs
    Nanné
    p.s. its going to be sweet being the same DT..

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the frames. Great job. Thanks for the chance to win. Im a follower of Whimsical Wednesday and a new follower of your blog. Unfortunately, I can't follow your blog bc it doesnt let me but I will return later to see if it works.


    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    creativediva98 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is so beautifully decorative and functional for the recipient! What an awesome idea! TFS! I may have to do something along these lines for gifts for several grandmothers.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow! These are super sweet & functional too. It is a fantastic way for the recipient to have photos of their loved ones near. Truly a lovely idea. Great job!
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  44. I think this is a great idea! The residents will love how versitile it is, and they will get to show off thier own grandkids too. :)
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  45. That is such a cute way to display pictures than just having them in boring, old picture frames. It would be so much fun to make them for different holidays. Thanks for sharing :)
    tinksgym@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Chole, I love it. I have been thinking of making something like this to hang in my office of my grandson's thanks for the idea. Maybe Jacob and I will start working on it tomorrow.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  47. what a clever cookie!!! love it!!
    off to go blog hopping....i knew i couldnt do 7am in the morning...i stayed in bed til after 10! lol

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is such a great idea! Fantastic project! Wonderfully bright colour choices and I love doodles around the frames. TFS, now a follower :)
    hugs, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  49. great project i love all the colors!!
    thanks for sharing.
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. That is such a cute idea!! You did a great job!! I am already a follower of both yours and whimsical wednesday blog, thanks for the chance to win
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh what an amazing creation. Thank You for sharing all the details. Got your link from Kellys blog
    so glad I dropped by
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. This project is so cute, I'm going to have to try it! These will make perfect gifts! Thanks for sharing!

    Katelyn
    kmc71996@aim.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a truly clever idea! I'm a practical, yet crafty gal, so when you can combine the two I LOVE IT!
    becky
    beckyboyer@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. So cute ... youre so talented.. did you try for DT at CTO ,... you will be great ...
    thanks for stoping by my blog and leaving some sweet comment..

    tfs..

    ivette

    ReplyDelete
  55. A big WOW !!! I just love these I think I will need to make a couple of these as gifts and for myself. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Those frames are a great idea! So colorful!

    I'm a new follower of your blog and Whimsical Wednesdays.
    Maribel
    ilovescrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. What an incredible idea!!! I love it! I so want to go try it now, but I guess I bettrer finish hopping first!!

    I tried to become a follower, but Blogger isn't cooperating. I'll try again later!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. OMG Chloe! These are amazing!! You did another fab project that I know the recipient of this will love!! And you are so right...they love displaying photos :)
    Beautiful job! TFS and have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  59. This is just to cute. great use for photos to display on frig.!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love your idea of a photo banner. This will brighten up anyone's wall. I'm sure it will be grat joy to the receiver.
    cowbelleru@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love these! They would be perfect for someone office :) TFS

    http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/
    tiffanymarierice@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love this idea! Such a nice way to interchange the photos for your fanily members each time you visit. You could even pop some of the children's work or letters in there!

    ReplyDelete
  63. This was such a great idea! It is really going to brighten somebody's day! So cute. I follow Whimsical Wednesdays and I am now following you also. :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. What a wonderful idea. Your projects are beautiful! I'm a new follower and I follow Whimsical Wednesday too.

    Kris
    dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  65. This is beautiful and such a great idea!! My MIL was in a nursing home for several months last year before she passed away and I remember that everyone's bulletin boards had pics, pics, and more pics. TFS!!!!
    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  66. This is PERFECT. I would even love something like this. Love all the cuts from Cindy Loo! Beautiful colors too. Great job with the stitching and doodling. Just love it. How clever to use a popsicle stick for the hanger, beautiful ribbon added to it to:) Thanks for everything Chloe. They are going to LOVE this at the nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Your hanging photo frame display is terrific! What a great idea and love how you used the acetate so you can change out the pictures. Great job, Chloe! Cheesecake looks delicious!--Pat

    ReplyDelete
  68. Amazing! Can't wait to be a follower(not working today! will call back).
    http://jayne-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Great project! Good idea for a gift! Christina ccapps35@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. So cute....love it!!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  71. Oh my gosh...wow sweetie this is amazing...what a cute hanging photo frame..love all the papers you chose, so bright and fun! That shape is adorable, I don't have that cart but I want it now...hehe! TFS! :) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  72. Trying to follow you but blogger isn't letting me, will try again later ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  73. WOW! YOUR PHOTO HANGER IS BEAUTIFUL! I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA TO SEND THEM TO A NURSING HOME. THANKS FOR SHARING. That grand prize is amazing. I am praying hard, I have wanted on for so long.
    Sarah
    craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com
    craftingwithsarah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  74. These are so gorgeous! You have an awesome creative mind. I really want to make some of these after seeing how lovely they turned out. Thanks for the tutorial too and for the chance to win! I'm a follower of both blogs. :0)

    Be sure to stop by my blog to enter my 500 followers giveaway!


    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  75. This is so lovely and such a fabulous idea, allowing the recipient to add their own personal photos! I'm a new follower and a follower of Whimsical Wednesdays. ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love the banner! I would never have thought to make a banner with frames. I tried to become a follower of your blog, but blogger wasn't work. I did add you to my bookmarks.

    amanbains1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  77. Chole,
    WOW!! This is just a fabulous project you have created. I love the colors you chose to use. They are so bright and colorful. They will certainly be cheerful hanging in the nursing home.

    ReplyDelete