Surrounded by boys it is nice to scrap for me for a change.
LOVE this challenge over at Scrap the Girls.
You had to use Pink's album cover as inspiration:
I really have had a blessed life.
I look around and wouldn't want to be anyone else.
I wouldn't want any other memories either. I have done some amazing things with every minute I have had.
So I changed her Album title Greatest Hits so Far...
My mum bought me this pink halter neck glitter top for NYE 2001. I remember saying to Mum, "Ummmm... do I put it in a can and spray it on?" lol.
And one of my favourite sayings ever is,
"Lets go paint this town PINK!"
So I used the same style of lettering as Pink's album for this photo.
Of course, the song is : Get the Party Started.
My life was a balance of work work work and party party party. I knew how to have a good time and dance the stress of work off. This particular night Daisy and I hit Esperance nightclub and we danced the night away until we were the only ones standing and still laughing!
We started and ended that party!
I-rock stencil kit gave me the flourish.
I walked in my local Stampers Den today with some VERY SPECIFIC ideas and was so pleased when she had exactly what I wanted! Great Work! Pink Bo Bunny Mini letters for the song title and this music stamp was from Kaisercraft Clear stamps called Velvet ensemble with white Stazon.
Love it when you find the perfect quirky things.
But then there's those distractions. I was in an art supply shop this morning for a new painting I am doing when my scrappinnerdiva kicked in and proceeded to annoy sales people with endless barrage of scrapping questions...
"ooooo... whats that? Is it water based? Is it opaque? Can I mix it with acrylic? Is it acid free? Does it come in every colour plus pink? Whats this ingredient about? Can I get it in a small bottle? Can I mix it with this? Do you think it would spray?
She just blinked at me...
And into my hand fell my newest scrap room addition.
Iridescent hotness!
There was no photo of my layout that showed how
this looks glimmering in the light... But trust me the border on my layout is so gorgeous.
And the sequin ribbon is hot pink,
not the PEACHY PUNK colour my camera chose to make it!
Camera is now sitting in the naughty corner until it learns how to bring justice to my gorgeous layout!
But it's OK if you can't see it. I now have another great layout in my album. I love it!
Thanks Scrap the Girls for a great layout and an awesome challenge!
I have had lots of questions about how I made my Handy Manny characters for my Whimsical Wednesday Challenge DT post this week, so I'll be back tomorrow with a tutorial! xx
****************************************************************************************
PLUS I am so excited that some of my work is being showcased at Scrappy Go Lucky today which features some SCAL work! Click here to see the post.











Hi Chloe, glad you enjoyed the challenge, love your take on it. Love the altered title, and the replication of the album cover. Cheers, Leonie
ReplyDeleteLove your layout Chloe. Thanks for stopping by my blog and helping me get the WORD OUT! Smooches... Felicia
ReplyDeleteThis is totally pink-hotness! I love that you accented the photos pink! Your life really has been the greatest! RE: the layout - totally not in the naughty corner. BAD camera! lol!
ReplyDeleteI just caaaaaaaaaaant get you outtaaaaaaa my head... *cue side dance*
As always super fun.
ReplyDeleteGreat take on that challenge. Awesome job! Hugs- Glora
ReplyDeleteChloe, what a fun LO! That shimmer paint is wonderful. Your story made me laugh, cause it sounds just like me!
ReplyDeleteI just have to tell you my recent shopping story. I went to Lowes looking for aluminium tape for a technique I want to do. I asked a Lowes guy where I might find it, I think it's in the piping section. He says I'll take you there, are you going to be repairing some pipe? You should have seen the expression on his face when i told him it was for scrapbooking! LOL Now, I know it's not going to be acid free, but I'm willing to live with that for this project. :-)
Thanks for your kind words on my blog! I suspect, I will enjoy following your blog! Blessings.
http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/
Hi Chloe, super layout...so fun with amazing detail. Great job! ~Shen
ReplyDeleteYou are so incredibly talented, Chloe! I so enjoy visiting you and reading your blog! I have learned not to drink anything as I peruse for fear I may spew Diet Coke across my screen! Love this layout - what a great take on the album cover :D
ReplyDeleteLisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com
So fun! Great lay-out!
ReplyDeleteGreat layout,Chloe!--Pat
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun layout! I love it! You look so pretty and I love your attention to detail! Was your Mum as much fun and creative as you? So talented!
ReplyDeleteLove your take on the STG challenge Chloe! Certainly sounds like you had fun creating it! Love how you adapted the album cover to suit your layout...gorgeous! :)
ReplyDeleteWow this LO is spectacular, and you Miss Chloe are gorgeous. Love the music stamp, the paint, and the fun sayings you chose to put on the LO. Everything about it is perfect. Thanks for the awesome inspiration.
ReplyDeleteIncredible layout, Chloe! I especially love the music stamp and the blingy flourish.
ReplyDeleteKelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com
love your layout, have the same problem with my camera, I know what I will be asking Santa for!
ReplyDeletelovely work, love how you have put the pink title over the photo, very clever! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Another Chloe that loves pink!!! Must go with the name :-) :-) what a gorgeous sparkly page! And I love that music stamp too :-)
ReplyDelete