Since I have had songs reeling through my head 24/7 since I was four years old, I have a lot of songs that are significant to my story. So this may not be my last entry yet!
This song: Agadoo, has been voted one of the most annoying songs in HISTORY!!!! (No, I am not scrapping it because I, too, have been voted one of the most annoying things in history!)
It is being scrapped as my favourite because of it's connection to my cousins, Raelene and Lee. It was a superb time to be a kid, playing on the street with the portable tape deck blaring out this Black Lace music. Loved those days!
So to annoy the next generation, we passed the dance on to all of our groove deprived children the other day and this is Rae's little Liam, showing us the moves he learnt!
Love Life's a beach elements!
Peachy Keen Princess face for the hula girl and Retro face for the sun.
The background is just plain white bazzill using Distress inks. I
I used the following distress inks to make my background.
Stormy Sky for the sky, and some cut out clouds from Paper Dolls, Chipped Sapphire with a wave border ruler, broken china for the light water and Tea Dye for the sand.
Just with a sponge. Easy!
Here is another cool trick of mine I like using my distress inks for. (SHANNEN!!! Take notes! Lol)
On a piece of acetate/acrylic whatever everyone wants to call it, PLASTIC CLEAR SHEETS... I use a permanent pen to rule up 8 squares on an A4 and label them with my distress ink colours.
When I need the colour, I just stamp once or twice on the acrylic. A little bit goes a long way!
Then with a paintbrush and a bit of water, or an aqua pen, you can paint away happily like watercolours.
Works really well on Glossy paper available from Stampin Up. That paper is awesome as it allows you to blend the colours. You can cut the shape out on the cricut with the paper, then paint with inks.
Less water makes the colour brighter in intensity.
When you are done for the day, simply wipe off the small excess ink on the clear plastic/acrylic/acetate (whatever) sheet and store for another painty day!








So cool!! Can't believe you made a background that good with something "so easy" (and on their way in the post to my house - yipppeeeee!! 36 inkpads bought!) Now, I have to hunt through and find some acetate too!! Love it, love the page, how photogenic is Liam?! Thanks again - oh, and yes - the damn song is firmly in my head now!!!! xx
ReplyDeleteLOving this layout! You have imortalised that song for generations to come...dance instructions included! Cant wait for Liam to see this at his 21st! Yays!
ReplyDeleteHi Chloe, simple adorable layout...amazing. Fab job! ~Shen
ReplyDeleteThis is a great lay-out! Love all the photos!
ReplyDeletethanks for the inking tip!
I received my folder today! Thank you! :)
This is a wonderful layout and all the different instructions you gave us is so informative. I am a new follower. I would love for you to visit me sometime. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun memory! I love your painting technique! Thanks for sharing it :)
ReplyDeleteAmber
Great inking tip, and adorable layout Chloe. So glad you passed that on to the next generation. How else would they carry on the family tradition?!--Pat N.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful job! Love the background you created.
ReplyDeleteKelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com
Terrific LO...you have to be one of the best scrappers because you are fab at getting the story onto the page...does that make sense? It is not just a bunch of pictures you always tell a story..maybe that explains it better. Anyway, love all the inking. The pain brush technique is awesome. I did a pic tutorial of something similar with SU ink pad a while back. Maybe I will revisit and do another one. I have never heard this song before so of course I had to youtube it. Now it is running through my head. The video was hysterical with a bunch of fruit dancing around and two guys in leather pants and hawaiin shirts. Had to attach the link in case you never seen it. OMG you have the dance moves down to a T. You are too funny Chloe. ;) Keep inspiring us! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this song either but I just read Steph's comments and I'm afraid if I you tube it I'll be screwed and won't be able to sleep tonight so I'll try in the am. This layout is fab and I love your watercolor technique. I need to branch out and this my just be just the ticket. xxD
ReplyDeleteI am not familiar with the song either, but you sure made a fun layout with the photos of Liam! Love your beachy scene with your hula dancer and adorable sun with glasses! Sorry I haven't been by lately, but it sure is fun catching up on missed posts! You always make me laugh and inspire me a lot!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Janice
Have I ever told you your layouts make me smile?
ReplyDeleteThis layout is fantastic! I love how you scrapped what every move meant. I loved learning this. thanks for playing!
ReplyDelete