Sunday, July 31, 2011

Loving the Beach Life and a Christmas layout!

Four Challenges! Four different layouts. 

Challenge 1. 

Amanda Crafts and More - Getting Scrappy Challenge #13 has a Christmas in July Challenge to make a layout. I'm in a double mood:
Love that first early hour of Christmas morning when the boys see the tree and they remember about Santa's visit. 
I double emboss everything now, thanks to a little up-coming craft king: Miss Pink Cricut's little Carson!
This window is from Christmas cartridge. I chopped out some panes to fit the photos and added one long one. Then stickles in some snow on the window sills. 
Renovations - scrapbooking style!
Challenge 2
The Scrapoholic has a great challenge on at the moment and I can't wait to see more from this blog! MTC/SVG Monday is a challenge you can enter, get a few cool SVG's and MTC files for free (for a limited time of the challenge) and then enter her challenge! AWESOME way to get me motivated back into SVGs. 
 

These are the files for free in this challenge. HOT!

Here is my layout. 
 
I lived in a beautiful seaside town for two years in 2000. It was the most gorgeous place. Every morning I would take a walk on the beach and probably once a week I had the entire coastline to myself. Not a soul in sight with these amazing views. Loved it!

I took some of the wave cuts. I was very impressed by the smooth cut these files give. Some SVG's make the blade get a little sporadic and jittery. These cut like butter! Great job Scrapoholic!

Challenge 3
THEN I found another challenge by Scrapoholic for a sketch.
Sketchy Saturday. It is an awesome hand drawn sketch:
So I just had to make a second layout and enter this one too! 

Love that big wave, with journalling and embellies for water spray idea.
I used buttons, i-gems, kaiser bling, Candi and as an added extra, there are two little boy fingerprints in paint! We had rainy craft day together today.  

Here's how the double layout turned out:


Challenge 4
Celebrate the Occasion is having a Blue and White challenge on and after making my Teresa Spaceships, just had to have a go at her cart in white and blue! Made a card plus an envelope for my sister in law's birthday. Clean and simple kind of style:
Used stamp masking and inking.


 The flower, frame and monogram are from 
Sophisticated cartridge.

The font is Nursery Rhymes. 

Thanks Celebrate the Occasion with a great challenge and a cute birthday card for my sister-in-law!
So here's my double layout for the two challenges in one!
Thanks Scrapoholic

Thanks Amanda's Craft and More for the great challenge. I love seeing layout challenges!

And to all my bloggy friends who make my day with their gorgeous comments,the writing is in the sand:


27 comments:

  1. Love your layouts, Chloe! Especially the beach one! How do you create your stuff so quickly!? You astonish me!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful projects! I love the blue and white card set and layout! Very pretty! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layouts have such cool style! Nice job.
    Thanks for joining us over at CTO this week.
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chole every things is gorgeous in this post..

    Great job with the challenge.. thanks for playing with us at CTO..

    Ivette_DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card and envelope.Thanks for joining us over at CTO.
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done, love the monogram with the colors you chose! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chloe, very awesome layouts...love them. FAB! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all wonderful, like always! Beautiful beach photos! Love how you arranged the photos on the window of the Christmas layout, and the card you made for your sister-in-law is simply, beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card, thanks for playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with all the challenges! You did a fabulous job! Love the beach layouts! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CTO!

    Hugs,
    Tracey - CTO DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been busy! These all look so amazing! Nice work as always!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! you got some amazing stuff made! thanks for choosing both my challenges to enter :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all wonderful!
    Thanks for playing with us over at CTO!
    Esther
    forthejoyofcreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. A ton of awesome layouts! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing projects you shared today, Chloe! I especially love the beach layouts. Great job.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your projects and just lovely, thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, what gorgeous layouts, Chloe! You are so talented! They are all fabulous but I really love the beach layout - what a beautiful place! :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of your projects are great :) I love the flower and monogram!

    Thanks for joining us at CTO!
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    Celebrate the Occasion DTM
    Visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All your projects are just SUPER! I love seeing the Sophisticated cartridge used, and I especially like your monogram and flowers on the card for the CTO challenge. Thanks for playing along with us!

    Jessica
    CTO Design Team
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving your double layouts!! Your work is beautiful and unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Chloe what gorgeous LO. Each one is so different and creative. I don't know how you find the time to do all this scrapping! Please do share. I agree with you about those early morning hours of Christmas. They are the best. I love love the beach. It is the most peaceful place...at least I think so. I love the picture of you drawing in the sand. You look so pretty and very content. Thanks for sharing your awesome creativity with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG!!! YOu're crafting up a storm! I'm always amazed at your glorious layouts! Super fabulous work, hon! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW Chole,These layouts are just AMAZING!BEAUTIFUL job with all your projects,I LOVE the sweet layout with your boy's at Xmas,GREAT details and colors!The beach one is also AMAZING with all the details,YOU ARE SO TALENTED my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Chloe... As usual, everything is GORGEOUS -- I'm never disappointed when I stop by to see ya!! :) I love the card you made for CTO, but the layouts are STUNNING!! You absolutely ROCK!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion last week!! A new challenge has started -- Can't wait to see what you create!! :)

    Celebrate The Occasion DTM,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Join the FUN on Facebook!! :)
    Love To Crop! facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my, your Christmas layout is absolutely gorgeous.. Thank you so much for joining my "Getting Scrappy Challenge" and I hope you will join my newest challenge this Sunday..

    Scrappy Hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete