Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Sun is shining in a Peachy world!

Lol. 
I think I have followers despite myself sometimes.
This week I have told you that my brain talks to me all day long, an inner diva sings on continuous reel, I introduced the merthing and I post loopy stuff when I'm tired! 
Yet the followers keep rolling in! Love it. 
Makes my day! 
Note: I'm tired right now. Expect loopiness.

I'm a two minute manager. If I find a gap of two minutes in my day, I use it. I use every minute. So there I was the other day with my two spare minutes and I decide to speed read Angelica's post for this challenge and check out the DT stuff. Here's her opening sentence:
 
But in my noisy singing, chatty brain, I read:

"Good morning Peachies! I hope the sun is shining where you are today - If not, I hope you are...."

In my head, I thought, 'aww that is so gorgeous, what a sweet way to start a post.'  Then my sons had a fight over the Dora doll and the yukky brown stuff hit the proverbial fan, and then had to race out the door. But I thought about that cute quote all day and loved it, and decided to use it in the layout I planned in my head.

Made my card... with inspiration from Janice on the Peachy Keen's DT- her card was so cute!
I used Angelica's half quote-that-my-mind-misread-and-made-it's-own. I think we can say we co-own the quote now. Lol. 
Don't roll your eyes blog reader! I warned you I'm tired. If you keep reading my blah blah that's your own problem! Lol. 
I used Everyday Faces for the sun and the cloud. As much as I love all the PK stamps, those Everyday Faces just keep on giving! They are the best value. 

I cut the umbrella chick from Birds on Parade and then cut out a sun from... ummm.... one of my linked carts on my Gypsy. Sorry. Not really specific there. 

Thank you so much Angelica for the half quote!
It's been raining and cold here for days. Send me sunshine from Wisconsin! 
Thanks Peachy Keen for yet another great challenge!
 
*************************************************************
Angela chose PAT N as the winner for helping me RAK her with ideas about wooden letters! Thanks to Carri, Shannen, Gina and PatN for your help! You ladies are gorgeous. x

Pat! Go to Scrappy Go Lucky HERE and choose 3 colours of CANDI and email me them on my contact button! 
*****************************************************************
Grand Prize is a GYSPY for the blog hop at  
Whimsical Wednesday this Friday 7pm EST! Join us!
 ****************************************************
News from the HOT BLOG HOP!

Join the fun!Traci @ CricutJunkie has welcomed Jacob to California! See her post here and follow her for upcoming Hot Blog Hop prizes!
 

 ******************************************************
That's all folks. 
Robotz! I just thought of it. 
The sun was from Robotz. Now I can sleep. 

13 comments:

  1. This is such a great little card! I is very sunny so hopefully just making it will inspire the sun to shine on you soon..if not well remember that co-owned quote and make yur own sunshine...I hear the yukky brown stuff that often hits the proverbial fan can be quite nice if turned into fertilizer for a lovely garden of flower??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Great idea and you are right that was a beautiful way to start out the post and see how it inspired you! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe! this is adorable!!! Way cute! and just perfect with the quote!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I loved reading your post and wow yes what a great way to start a blog post. I just adore your stunning card too, how gorgeous are those faces, and I can understand you getting heaps of mileage out of them. The colours in the card just rock and the rain drops gorgeous, hope the dora fight is over, I only have one boy so there is not much of that here, but cherish those little spats, don't worry we have spats though......Melx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is TOO ADORABLE!! The PK faces are perfect for the cloud and for the sun--just perfect! You are just too creative--what a mind you have. Love it Chloe. I'll send you an email about the CANDI! WooHoo!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, had a little chuckle over the sentiment which went perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh you made me laugh at the little faces on the sun and cloud, and the rain drops look so prefect.

    Great quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chloe,
    I am flattered that you received inspiration from my card! :) I love your take on the sketch, and the sentiment you thought Angelica said! You rock! I was in WI for 2 weeks and got to meet the Peachy Family. They are wonderful! Just starting to catch up on my favorite blogs!
    Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Yes, those Everyday Faces are the best. I get pretty loopy myself when I am tired. Your posts are always very entertaining. Thanks for making me smile.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to leave another comment to let you know I have a blog award for you. I hope you'll stop by my blog to pick it up!

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. First time on your blog and I am thoroughly enjoying your style of writing No wonder your followers keep rolling!!!
    I am becoming your new follower.
    I am glad I got your link from kelly.
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful job Chloe!! As always so much fun is brought to your designs!
    I have an award to share with you...pop over when you get a chance!
    Have a GREAT day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a bright, fun, and super cheery card :) I love to see little scenes and a cheerful message!

    ReplyDelete