Step one: Shop. Buy a little scrapping treat.
For me today, I went into a little local shop that supplies one of every item in the world. (I know, big call, but you can literally ask for anything and he is bound to have one buried deep somewhere). I have been doing a lot of embossing, old frame, gates and weathered looking elements on my layouts so I wanted to see what weird wonderful colours of glitter glue he had. And of course, he had one of every glitter glue in the spectrum, as expected.
Step Two: Absorb the bag in your shopping so hubby doesn't see ANOTHER scrapbooking purchase. I recommend a box of tissues, toothpaste or fruit on top. (Hubby is more likely to go through the snacks bag).
Step Three: Don't forget your purchase and unpack when you are alone, quickly scooting into your scrap space and re-absorbing it in there somewhere. This was my fatal flaw today!!!
It took me half an hour to find my purchase... Arrrghhh!!!!
In the fridge!!!! I thought it was a bag of mushrooms and I'd packed it away! My absorption method fooled me it was that good!
Easy mistake to make... here is my scrap scoop next to my actual mushrooms.
Best bag of mushrooms I've ever had.
Normally I'm into using my Stickles but Kindy glitz had bigger glitter pieces and can really dazzle a fun colourful page. Among my new colours I'll be testing include:
Glitter Antique Silver
Glitter Aztec Gold
Majestic Purple
Black Opal
And my favourite, Crystalina!
Tell me about your absorption methods gone wrong! I love a laugh.









HILARIOUS!!!!!!
ReplyDeletethis is just too funny! I'm always smuggling in my loot, but it's never ended up in the fridge. It gets lost enough on my scraproom floor. LOL xxD
ReplyDeleteChloe, I have used this method for years! If I get in the house with something elso, I can get rid of the bag, and put it in my craft room, and I use the old "That, I have had that forever" trick, and if you watched the videos of my craft room , I use it alot!!!
ReplyDelete2nd one I picked out randomly... this holds true to me and alot of crafters out there! Nice to see we have similiar methods. I personally order something on line and concstantly check for the confirmation and shipping email to put it in a "SPECIAL" file! See my hubby and I share the same email address... so I can check what he is ordering!LOL. He hasn't caught on yet! I bet these were the best shrooms yet!
ReplyDelete