At Always Crafting, I found the PERFECT challenge for me!
For their Whimsical Wednesday challenge, the theme is Alice in Wonderland.
When I was 14 years old, I toured the north end of Australia with Mesh Youth Theatre and we ran the production Alice in Wonderland, touring for three weeks. I was the White Rabbit. These photos were from the promotion pictures taken for newspapers.
I love a creation challenge that really tests my brain and planning.
I found this cute mirror "looking glass" and I cut it out with SCAL. I embossed the whole thing with Gold embossing powder.
I found a grandfather clock and a picture of Alice, which I SCAL'd too. I'm the first to admit I need practice at drawing faces. But it turned out OK.
The clock is great. I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink and Crackle Accents to make it look antique.
My favourite part was watermarking copies of the original and antique versions of the actual story book on the background of the page.
The rub ons are from Hambly Screen Prints.
Thanks to Stephanie at Always Crafting for an awesome challenge and I am so glad to finally have those photos scrapped!





Chloe, this is beautiful. I love the way you did Alice's face, shows lots of expression. Great job on the clock and the watermarking. I am so glad that Jess's and I challenge inspired you to get some very special memories scrapped. Thank you for playing along with our Whimsical Wednesday Challenge. Be sure you upload your project to MR. Linky twice. We said that if you manged to do an Alice themed project you could be entered twice:)
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a great weekend.
Hugs,
Stephanie
Oh WOW Chloe! Love, love, LOVE your Alice project! How cool that you played the White Rabbit and are able to scrap such fab memories. Really a wonderful page. Your Cricut cuts are perfect and I love the way you did Alice. Thanks for visiting my blog too and leaving the sweet comment. xxD
ReplyDeleteChloe this is great!!! I just love how you have Alice and the clock falling from the top. And the watermarking looks really good. Would love to learn how to do it.
ReplyDeleteSorry it took me so long to pop over and comment
Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday.
Jess :)