Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Warmies and Peachy Keens!

Yesterday I had the luxury of scrapping all day with my friend, Carlene from Me n' Miss Pink Cricut. I was completing Fantabulous Cricuts Challenge Me Monday #42 and Carlene was looking at the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge #43 and we realised I could enter both with my planned layout!

Fantabulous Cricut's challenge is about Winter Warmies and Peachy Keen had a sketch stamp challenge.  


I have never played in snow and while some parts of the world have snow... Here it is 37C (98F) ... ergh. 

I had just got my Winter Frolic cartridge in the mail and it was PERFECT for Fantabulous Cricut's Challenge of wearing winter warmies. I couldn't help but dress myself up as the ice skater. Looking at my views of dry hot land sitting right next to my fan... I'm just jealous of all those pictures of snow!

I used three different types of Peachy Keen Stamps and I'm slowly getting better at using gel pens, chalks and water colours to highlight the face around the stamp. 

 Peachy Keens are so cute.

 This font is cut on Sure Cuts a Lot 2 and it is called Liquid Bulbous

 This font is called Flamme



 Winter Frolic provided all the characters and I used a stamp tag to make the snowflake. See my tutorial on stamp masking. 

This was the Sketch from the Peachy Keen challenge. 






Thanks to both Peachy Keens and Fantabulous Cricut for a great challenge. It made me think about using different elements than I would normally use. Entering the challenge is just an added bonus! 

 


13 comments:

  1. Great layout!! I love it. We are actually having snow here in Alabama right now which is extremely rare, so I have been taking advantage of it. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol this is great! When you have snow you wish you didnt have it lol. thanks for playing with us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LOL... Love the scene with lots of wonderful details. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love it!!!! I love snow...just love your scrapbook page. TFS
    I'm now your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime. jennyscards.blogspot.com
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your LO Chloe! Nice touch wrapping yourself in winter woollies! LOL. (I used to love snow, but I've got old and boring now and just find it a pain after a couple of days)! It's great to have you play along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck and thanks for your lovely comments on my first Cricut card. Hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute.....Fantabulous layout~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea for a layout!! I just love it and it turned out so wonderfully!
    It is supposed to go down to -25C here tonight - with a wind chill on top of that which will make it seem even colder!! I would gladly trade you for a bit!!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kids are so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable Layout. Let me just tell you I envy you. I HATE snow. LOL

    TFS & For playing along at FCCB this week.
    Erin
    http://www.spantastikreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cute cuts for this page! Love the stamped faces. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your layout and all the characters you made! So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at PKS and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an ADORABLE layout!!! SO CUTE!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete