Sunday, January 23, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday Challenge!

Elephants! What a challenge! Stephanie at Always Crafting and Jess at My Scrap Diary really do know how to set a good one!

How was I going to make an elephant part of my scrapping? Easy. This year I have a few mammoth tasks ahead and I recalled the quote "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." 

My list of goals this year is a daunting prospect, but I'll take little steps towards the larger end goal. 

 Of course, no elephant was hurt in the making of this layout!

It is the elephant from Animal Kingdom, I used water colours and an aqua pen, I silver embossed the cutlery and inked nearly everything with Chipped Sapphire distress inks. 

Not having cute Peachy Keen Stamps big enough I drew the eyes and used white gel pen to highlight. (PKS have taught me a lot about cute faces!)  

The knife, fork and spoon are from Wall Decor and More and I constructed the plate from plain circles in Accent Essentials.

The title font is Cheri Liney and the top font is CK Chick
It will be great at the end of the year to see how much I have achieved! 

Thanks for a great challenge Stephanie and Jess! 


4 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job with elephant layout. Love it! I had a great time playing with my Gypsy this weekend. I will post the card I made for my dad.

    Yolunda
    NikaCreatveCricutDesgns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!!! This one is too cute and funny. Im glad that no elephants were harmed in the process :)
    I really like how you use your markers, colored pencils, aquas, etc to add an extra umph to your cricut cuts. I like to do that as well. I even made a mini 'tute during halloween time.
    And I think you'll soon be an expert at drawing your own faces. Its looking good.
    Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday.
    Until the next challenge
    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe, jaw dropping girl. You out did yourself with this one. The elephant is so cute, and I just love how you inked, colored her. It really adds so much to the cuts! I absolutely love the entire concept of you LO...brilliant. You have inspired me this week, so thank you. As always, much appreciation for joining us this week at Whimsical Wednesday.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete