Monday, January 3, 2011

Flaunt it Friday #5 Challenge

The challenge this week over at Flaunt It Fridays is to use the "martini" cut from the "From My Kitchen" Cricut cart


 Easy one for me... This has been a saying of mine for years.  You can shake me, but you'll never stir me!

I loved making this layout. I often scrap the boys and forget about my thin album.  I used From My Kitchen Cricut Cartridge for the Martini glass and designed my own shape insert to make it look like liquid inside. 

The title frame comes from the cartridge Storybook. Love it! I used Webster and Artise fonts on Sure Cuts a Lot for the titles and the little circle shape is cut from Storybook using the Clover function (but I cut the clover off).


I use Distress inks on nearly every layout. This layout uses  Peeled Paint and Spun Sugar. Added Kindy Glitz to the liquid and also my new Pentel outline pens to give movement to the word Shaken and depth on the glass. 

Thanks to the ladies at Flaunt it Fridays for a great opportunity to make a girly page for myself!

While you are here you should check out Carlene's blog, she has completed this challenge using Sex and the City Premiere photos! Perfect martini setting! Plantin Schoolbook has so many hidden talents!

12 comments:

  1. Love your layout! and I really love the sentiment. I should use that one in lifetime situations..
    Just became a follower...Would Love it if you could visit or follow my blog.
    Minta

    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Layout!! I need to do some pages for me too. All mine are usually for our daughter.

    Cricutting Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Chloe - this is sensational! I love the detail again that you have put in, and such a brilliant sentiment! Simply awesome!
    Deb.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all of us can relate to this sentiment Chloe. It is so important to remember to capture our thoughts and feelings for our children to look back on. I know I am guilty of forgetting this - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous colors! Your layout is darling and I like how you put your picture in the glass. Thanks for joining us this week at Flaunt It Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love!!! You even got Paul yelling out how awesome you were at 6am!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. This is one of my favourite layouts ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo cute and creative. I like everything about it. But then again, off of my dt project you would know that I am pink SATC lover. If you havent seen it, come over to my blog and check it out. I also went with my bff to see the movie and it was great!
    Thanks for playing with us at FIF.
    Jess M

    ReplyDelete
  9. How CUTE!!!! love it! Thanks for flaunting it at FIF!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, this is AWESOME. I love how you put your picture coming out of the glass. The entire LO is fabulous but my favorite part is the saying you put...I may get shaken, but never stirred FANTASTIC. You are very creative and I am new follower. Thank you for playing along with us at FIF. Have a wonderful new year.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo creative! Love it! Thanks for joining us over at FIF!!! Have a great day!
    ~Dorcas
    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO cute!

    Thanks for joining us at Flaunt it Fridays!

    ReplyDelete