Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Snowflake Challenges Galore!

Thanks to Fantabulous Cricut blog for their Challenge me Monday! I also found The Paper VarietyJitterbuggin ChallengesCooking with Cricut and Made by Momo doing similar challenges so I'm entering all of them! I love the theme/sketch challenges because it keeps my layouts rolling!  I am making a calendar for 2011 as a gift for my mum, my in laws and one for home. I got stuck for ideas on July and then I saw this challenge. 

I've never played in snow. I have only seen it from an aeroplane so making a page with snowflakes appealed!


I used Everyday Paperdolls for the cute people. The Snowman comes from Stretch Your Imagination and I designed the template on Sure Cuts a lot2.  


LOVE looking into my crazy fonts on my computer when I am in the Sure Cuts a Lot program... The snow splats and balls are hidden in a font called Smudge and the font for the title was Chiller. 


The snowflake I stickles-ed with Waterfall is from Accent Essentials. The hills are from Everyday Paperdolls too. 


Of course Distress Inks, I used LOTS of colours.


Mini Tutorial on stamp masking:

This cute stamp was from Print Blocks. I wanted to use it in the snowflake layout but I didn't obviously want the  writing or border, just the cute snowflake in the middle. So here is what I did...



  
Apply the stamp to some unwanted cardstock.

 Cut out JUST the part you want to stamp. I cut the snowflake out carefully.


Then place your cardstock over desired area and apply stamp again ensuring you line it up correctly with your previous stamped image.


All you will be left with underneath is the part of the stamp you wanted. 
 
Makes you want to look through all those forgotten stamps and look at parts you can use! 

So there is a sneak peak at my Calendar! Can not wait to show you the rest. I only have to finish the cover! 

See you tomorrow!

28 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so involved and so fabulous! It makes me smile to see paperdolls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love the scene you have created! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute calendar, I love the snow in July idea lol! Thanks for the stamping idea too and thanks for playing at FCCB :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this calendar! So Cute!!!

    Olivia
    ojdorman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is an awesome page! I love the little kids playing in the snow and the creative way you used the snowflake stamp! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute calendar page! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Cooking with Cricut!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cute page. I love handmade calendars. Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great calendar page, Chloe! The paper doll cartridges are my favorites -- you can do so much with them. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great calendar! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful calendar! everything looks perfectly together! and great tutorial how to mask the stamp never thought that before, TFS! and Thanks for joining TPV challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am back! Great job on the calendar and thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with the Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool calendar page! Love the masking idea. I just picked up this cartridge and hope to do some of these cuts, too. Thanks for linking up at TPV. Good luck in all your challenges! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh! I love the masking idea! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut! ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your calender is really adorable!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great layout.....Thanks so much for Jitterbuggin' this week. Please come back!

    By the way, if you would like to play in the snow, come visit me in the mountains of VA....plenty of it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the stamp tutorial!! :) Your snowflakes turned out perfect! Thanks for playing at the Paper Variety! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great artwork in your calendar!
    Good luck with the challenge!
    Thanks for playing us this week at Cooking with Cricut.

    Have a great Monday ;-)
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the stamp tutorial- very clever! Beautiful snowy calender page- lots of great detail :) Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! I would love to look at that all month long :). Thanks for playing at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely calendar and what a great stamp tip! Thanks for coming and joining the fun at Cooking with Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your calendar! Thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. UM CHLOE I LOVE that your boys are little koalas!!! How super cute is that?!? Great tutorial and super cute calendar.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great calendar page! I love evryting about it!! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking with Cricut :)

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  26. very creative way of masking that image, I will use it soon!

    Thanks for playing with us and I hope you come and check out the new challenge posted yesterday!

    -- dalis
    Cooking with Cricut DT

    ReplyDelete