Yesterday for Stephanie at Always Crafting I completed a challenge about an elephant... Today Stephanie is sponsoring the prize for Flaunt it Fridays which is the bear in a bin cut from Give a Hoot...eek! The elephant was tough enough... but a bear in a bin!!! Oh NO!!! But as always: the idea came to me and I love the page I created.
My car really is always a mess. The boys don't like car trips and food is a great distraction, as a result, there is juice boxes, food packaging, apple cores and lots of other rubbish to clean out when home. (When I can get to it!) Not to mention the tonnes of toys and other distractions in there!
It has been nicknamed the 'Wheelie Bin' by my parents and some of my girlfriends. So funny. The bears represent me and my two boys. I used stamp masking and Peachy Keen Stamps 5/8" to just stamp the eyes from the everyday faces collection. If you are interested in learning about stamp masking click here for my mini tutorial. I must get more Peachy Keens. They really make a character come alive.
I don't have Give a Hoot cartridge so I cut my own bin with Sure Cuts a Lot. I was having trouble layering the bears as I tried to cut them out in Bazzills. But then Jacob, my scrapping assistant, had an idea:
Watercolours and my aqua pen, so I ended using the water coloured pencils on a lot of the page, including title, dumped rubbish and for the definition on the dump truck.
The dump truck comes from Everyday Paper Dolls and so does the road. The Wheelie bin font is from Hannah Montana, the Daddy Girl font.
Thanks again for a great challenge Flaunt it Fridays. I love your challenges!
See you tomorrow for Cheap Chirpin' Tuesday!




With 3 boys I know exactly what you mean. Awesome job on your project!! Great job on finding the perfect cut too!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at FIF!! Good luck in the challenge!!
You are making me laugh so much I love this entire post LOL! Your car is just like mine LOL!, In Fact I finally did a good detail cleaning the other day and I was so amazed at all of the trash and treasures I found in there lol, and Jacob your assistant!!?! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for joining us at FIF! =)
ReplyDeleteSooo creative, Chloe! Gave me a chuckle. and why don't you send your scrapping assistant my way? He's a hunk, LOL! xxD
ReplyDeleteThis is such an awesome layout! Great job with it and thanks for joining us at FIF!!
ReplyDeleteI dropped by to thank u for visiting me today, I didn't know I would be overcome with laughter, the assistant is classic. I am now your newest follower. Thanks for the laugh. see ya soon Traci
ReplyDeleteI cracked up so much reading your post! My car is a disaster as well. I have 2 boys so I totally understand! Jacob your assistant is so funny I am loving the fact that he has no clothes HE is so hot! Thank you for making me laugh and thank you for joining us at Flaunt it Fridays! I hope you have a fabulous day filled with lots of sparkle because remember some girls were just born with glitter in their veins!
ReplyDelete~Carley
http://the-real-icarley.blogspot.com
So funny! It sounds like most every other vehicle that contains children! In fact the big ones make just as much of a mess. Glad you could participate in Flaunt It Fridays!
ReplyDeletelol this is hilarious! Im glad Im not the only one with a messy car it makes me feel so much better hehehee.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at FIF! :)
This is great! Thank you for joining us at FIF!!
ReplyDeleteOh My Gosh! This is just priceless!! I so love your layout!! Our children are grown so DH took up where they left off! LOL Love your assitant!! ;) Thank you for 'flaunting it' with us at FIF!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLOL! I need an assistant like yours!
ReplyDeleteSo does your scrappin assistant have a brother??? Love your layout, very creative, you made me smile:)
ReplyDeleteHi Chloe,
ReplyDeleteIleft you a comment on this post but maybe it didnt go through. I found your project funny and cute (as always) :) I really like the humor you add to your projects. I find that great. And I love the mother and baby bears in the bin.
Great job flaunting it on Flaunt It Fridays.
Jess M :)
PS. Hunky, hunky assistant although I prefer Jasper. Mmmmmmm, lol
This made me laugh, I love your layouts! You have the best assistant too lol
ReplyDelete